“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
Englewood, New Jersey
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My family and I have stayed twice due to reconstruction of our home due to a fire. We are very pleased with their services and courtesy and they understood our situation. My 3 kids love this place. We have been for 2 months this second time, we have also stayed in the hotel during the power outage that occurred on 10/30/11. The hotel management and staff did their best to accommodate us and feel comfortable.
My husband, kids and I have no words to thank them for their kindness and courtesy. Thank you Ghizlane, Lia, Alejandra, Rosi, Ari, Edwin, Jeff and the rest of the staff cleaning service and of how can I forget the people from the hotel restaurant you guys a great team.
I would definitely recommend it.
Bless you all.
Family Barrientos, Ramirez

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear Mrs. & Mr. Ramirez,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and provide us with information in regards to your stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.
Mrs. & Mr. Ramirez your comments and observations will be shared with our management team and the individuals who assisted in making your stay a memorable one will be identified and recognized.
Thank you from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ghizlane Bounouar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Westbury, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. The staff was not helpful nor did they show any concern when my car was damaged in their parking lot. They told me it was not their problem and I should call the police. THe Englewood police said it was the hotel's responsibility but the hotel staff insisted on doing nothing to help me. The manager on duty didn't even want to come out of her office to speak with me. I am following up with their corporate headquarters for resolution. I would not recommend this hotel, there are others in the area with far superior customer service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerri824
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.
Your comments have been discussed amongst the entire Hotel Management team. I wish to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. I assure you that action steps will be taken in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

aliza727
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 1.5 years. Service is great. Lobby and room clean, but on my last visit the room was showing it's age - the arm chair was stained badly and a few other things were looking old and ratty. As was said before, a little tired, but had all we needed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The Public Spaces were surprisingly nice from what we saw. the room and bathroom were larger than most and included all you could ask for including a large 42 inch flat screen- large bathroom counter and large make up mirror my wife liked. Mini coffee pot too. Bed was comfortable , but pillows a bit flat. The Staff uses the same elevators as Guests so there was some delays and the carpet and furniture etc were clean, but a bit dated. The rate was very reasonable and all the staff we encountered were pleasant. I would return if again in the area. Did not use the restaurant instead went to great Diner across the street.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and provide information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your great feedback.
Undoubtedly, there is always room for improvement and we thank you for assisting us towards that goal.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We checked in yesterday and person at reservation desk was not welcoming. He was not friendly. He appeared bored and disinterested. I had to ask him about the amenities such as the swimming pool. We asked him if we would be able to book an additional night because our electricity was out due to storm. He said that they were completely booked and was dismissive when we inquired further. I called the 800 reservation number from the room and found a reservation and hotel had plenty of rooms!
The room itself was clean and large with a comfortable bed. The decorations were average hotel. The TV limited channels and mostly sports. The pool was pleasant and had good swimming hours. Otherwise for $200 not much to recommend it at that price with also unfriendly and unhelpful reservation desk person.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmeliaNYCarea
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
On behalf of the Hotel Management and Staff please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.
Your comments have been discussed amongst the entire Hotel Management team. I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I assure you that action steps will be taken in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

New York City
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The hotel staff and rooms are great, but there are problems. The hotel does not have security cameras in the parking lots. Someone hit my car and did not leave a note. Since there were no cameras, I'm stuck paying for the repair. Also, one day after my stay and I'm noticing bug bites on my body. Not sure if it's from the hotel or not...but I am now suspicious.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HG2NewYorkCity

New Jersey
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The facility was in decent condition and the front desk service above average. However, charging $10.00 each to rent a fridge or microwave is absurd these days. The work desk in the room should be moved away from the air conditioner. Nothing worse than freezing while checking e-mail in your room. The restaurant and bar were nice surprises. Good food and drink.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Swyve
gbounouar, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
I thank you for your comments; you are a valued guest and we appreciate your patronage and Feedback.

Most sincerely,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee
Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood? Share your experiences!