“Good Food, Crummy Service”

Blue Moon Mexican Cafe
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Good Food, Crummy Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We love the food at this restaurant, been eating here for years. We did not however like going with our family the other night - being seated in some far off corner, in a practically empty dining room. It was like a room for "those people with kids". My kids are well behaved. Our Server was lack-luster. We did not get a couple of the extras we asked for, and he did not revisit our table enough to know that, nor ask us if we wanted anything else to drink, after our first. This was Friday night - 7/5, around 5/6pm. I think his name was Andy or something. Like I said in my title and I stand by this - food is awesome...portions are great. Buffalo shrimp was delicious! I'm sure we will return, but maybe for a date night, not as a family...because clearly, besides the crayons and the glow stick bracelets (nice touch btw), it seems families are thrown in a corner. Not cool. We watched it happen to a couple other families and they made the same remark to one another as they were seated. Outcasts.

• Visited July 2013

Lincoln Park, Michigan
“Great Value”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

On a beautiful evening in downtown Englewood, the Full Moon was hoppin’. We received a table quickly, service was outstanding and the food was fabulous. Thumbs up for the Full Moon.

Visited June 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Very Good Mexican Cafe / Sports Bar”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

One of the few places in Englewood where you can have an amazing Food and Bar Experience.
Mexican food was delicious, Service is very good, and they have a very good selection of sport channels!

• Visited June 2013
Northern New Jersey
“Empanada's are out of this world”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

An old friend invited me to go help celebrate another of her friends birthday it was also my birthday weekend so off we went. It is a very fast paced eatery with very friendly servers. One thing that impressed me was that once we had ordered I thought about something else I wanted I asked another person working there if he could get our waitress and he said he could help me and did! Since it was also my birthday weekend I decided to drink margarita's they were sooooooooo good. Once my empanada's arrived and I bit into them all I can say is wow! they were the best I've had in this area. They were so good that I ordered and order to take home for the next day and that's something I've never done. Go with fun people eat, drink and have a good time I'm sure you deserve it.

• Visited May 2013
Chester, New York
“Pretty good, but certainly not amazing”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The portion size was quite impressive. My burrito was very large, as was my girlfriend's quesadilla. It wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked, but it was pretty good. Chips and salsa were fairly mundane; it was clearly jarred salsa, and not great stuff. Service was a little spotty. We had a trainee, clearly, and the person she was following did very little to encourage her to do better. I saw one or two hard workers in the place, but a lot of them were young and lazy. Food and prices might make it worth take out, but I'd hate to be there on a busier day.

• Visited May 2013