“Very near to the real thing”

Rose's of Englewood
Ranked #26 of 94 Restaurants in Englewood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The setting is nice and quite comfortable, tablecloth and napkins are textile which is a sign of attention to the customer. Food is really in the mainstream tradition of Lebanese and middle eastern cuisine although some concession has been granted to the "american taste" but not so much.
Salads are fresh and not "plastic", falafel are quite similar to the real thing and some house special are really special. Price is not a big issue and only wine is served.
A good alternative to usual family restaurants, burgher joints and similar bothersome food.

1  Thank KITER57

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We love Middle Eastern food. Went there with the family. We were eating different kebab, salads and humus. Was surprise of the quality of humus. It was delicious! Lamb and chicken in kebabs were great.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went to Rose's for dinner with my husband last night. We loved the experience. The food was seriously delicious - we tried the mixed platter, the falafel (which my husband said was the best he has ever tasted and he is a big falafel eater) and the pita with meat and cheese. It was BYOB which we like as we prefer our own selection of wine.

I stumbled upon this place while surfing the web yesterday after having moved to Englewood Cliffs a year ago, so clearly this place needs to do a better job of advertising their existence, since their location is not on the main street in Englewood.

Plan to return with friends shortly.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Roses has become one of our go-to restaurants with friends. The menu is terrific if you like or want Middle Eastern food. The lamb kebabs are great, and the appetizers are delicious.. try the Kibbeh balls... (silly name but yummy)
If you are in the Englewood NJ area, this is a terrific restaurant. The food is consistently excellent.

2  Thank rbwriter
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Whenever I go to a restaurant for the first time, and see huge families enjoying themselves - and then see the staff from the restaurant come to sit with them to talk and maybe have a drink with them.... well, you just know it's a good sign.

Rose's is one of those places. It is BYOB (and last night one of the tables had a huge bottle of vodka and a bottle of johnny walker on it... now that's a party.. ;), and the food is just spectacular. The grilled meats, for me, are the stars of the menu, but their vegetable dishes are really amazing also. Their broiled eggplant salad tastes almost as if they've smoked the eggplant somehow, and incorporated it with the freshest tomatoes, parsley, onions, and tomatoes. The tabouleh makes my husband lose his mind.. mounds of fresh parsley and the portion is so insanely big, he couldn't finish it. (and *that* is saying something).

They are also incredibly accommodating. I had special dietary needs, and they didn't even flinch when I asked them if they could make substitutions and leave out some of the oils... (in fact, they actually recommended a few things I didn't consider at first, because they were able to prepare them "on the light side". ).

Rose's has become our official "date night" special place.... and I agree - *why* isn't this place more crowded!! I can't recommend it highly enough.

4  Thank HeldenMommy