“SpecTACULAR!!! I can't recommend it highly enough :)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rose's of Englewood
Ranked #27 of 92 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York
“SpecTACULAR!!! I can't recommend it highly enough :)”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Whenever I go to a restaurant for the first time, and see huge families enjoying themselves - and then see the staff from the restaurant come to sit with them to talk and maybe have a drink with them.... well, you just know it's a good sign.

Rose's is one of those places. It is BYOB (and last night one of the tables had a huge bottle of vodka and a bottle of johnny walker on it... now that's a party.. ;), and the food is just spectacular. The grilled meats, for me, are the stars of the menu, but their vegetable dishes are really amazing also. Their broiled eggplant salad tastes almost as if they've smoked the eggplant somehow, and incorporated it with the freshest tomatoes, parsley, onions, and tomatoes. The tabouleh makes my husband lose his mind.. mounds of fresh parsley and the portion is so insanely big, he couldn't finish it. (and *that* is saying something).

They are also incredibly accommodating. I had special dietary needs, and they didn't even flinch when I asked them if they could make substitutions and leave out some of the oils... (in fact, they actually recommended a few things I didn't consider at first, because they were able to prepare them "on the light side". ).

Rose's has become our official "date night" special place.... and I agree - *why* isn't this place more crowded!! I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank HeldenMommy

north jersey
“why isn't this place busier?”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Have been here many times and I am so surprised this place doesn't have a line to get in the door! The food is delicious! Fresh tabouli like the best I've ever had. Appetisers are fantastic and the mixed grill is truly excellent. It's alwys empty which is a shame. She needs to promote this place with more ads or do parties. There actually is a Rose and she's there alot overseeing things. Gentle prices and it's a byo too! TRY IT!! The only reason it doesn't get an excellent rating is because it's not busy which can feel odd when you're there.

• Visited December 2010