“Viva Zapata”

MAMA MEXICO
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sherwood Ave and New St
Description: Mama Mexico’s name came into existence in order to pay homage to our mother, who taught us how to cook. Our Cuisine is Regional “Haute” Cuisine a la Poblano. Our menu ranges from traditional enchiladas, nachos, and burritos to more rare exquisite platters like the rack of lamb, and our famous Mexican Paella. Meals are prepared by our Family Award Winning Five Star Chefs in all three locations by the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We are the only restaurant in its class to receive this prestigious award in New York since 2000.
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Great service and wonderful, flavorful food. Unlike going to Mexico, you won't get ill. It's a great place with a wonderful, playful atmosphere.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Food was very good off lunch menu, prices reasonably too. I felt good about value for lunch, but looked a little pricey for dinner. Overall, good selection and good service.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had lunch here over the summer. Tableside guacamole was excellent. Lunch specials not much of a value and just so-so. No crowds here--only one other table--but wait staff was still inattentive. After waiting 10-15 minutes for my check, I finally had to yell out: Hello, can I get my check, please" before I got someone's attention. Maybe that's why no crowds...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Saitama, Japan
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Ok Mexican food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 4, 2009

If you love Mexican go here. they even have the guys that come to your table and sing to you. of course it costs money for them to sing. But all you really have to do is give them a tip