“Small piece of Warsaw in NJ”
Review of ROYAL WARSAW

ROYAL WARSAW
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place for dinner with friends or family. Good, polish cousin. Beautiful photos of Warsaw and karaoke every Wednesday :)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Comfort food and more!!! Interesting arrangement of tables to both sides of the entrance and an elevated lounge area with tall tables for overflow crowds or those who wish to watch TV.
The layout is very cozy and the booths are attractive and give a sense of privacy.

Their menu is expansive...try the Warsaw Sampler platter ($16.95) with stuffed cabbage, 4 types of perogies, Polich sausage and a Huntsman sauce. Great!!! My wive had their chicken dish with the chicken crisped in a delicious batter (I want that recipe!) and delicately moist on the inside. Coupled with some Zywiec beer($4.00) made for delightful and filling meal. Tried one of their homemade soups on a previous visit and Wow!!! Definitely get a soup if you can manage to eat your entree as they are genrous portions!!! Beware, their deserts are awesome as well.

Checkout their other offerings at www.royalwarsaw.com.

My compliments to the server Piotr and the bartender who saw to it that we were well taken care of.

2  Thank TonyK300
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Royal Warsaw Restaurant has been around for some time and I recently decided to have lunch here. For what it's worth, I grew up eating Polish food in Passaic with my dad which was never a white linen experience, mostly mom and pop places that made wonderful hearty dishes and always plenty of fresh rye bread.

The restaurant is pleasing to look at from the outside and parking was plentiful. Upon entering I was surprised by the ambiance of this eatery, crisp and clean everything was spotless. We sat in the lounge which had a few tall tables and stools that where very comfortable, it overlooked the dining area which was quite nice. The bar was very bright and well stocked although the tap beer selection was surprisingly limited.

I decided to not fool with all the Americanized lunch special and try some ethnic fare as this is why I came. After reviewing the menu I decided on the Kopytka, Hungarian Goulash over dumplings. It was a nice portion, very reasonably priced and tasty. A cold Zywiecs to accompany my meal was perfect, served in a elegant pint glass making for a overall pleasant experience here.

Jury still out, I will return to explore the menu further.

1  Thank Mick L
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Wanted to sample everything. The list of choices were terrific. Not what I expected but turned out to be better.

2  Thank artlaw1
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been here several times. Every time is a fine dining experience. The food is great, the service is great, the place is very clean. I would recommend the restaurant for the fish alone. I always have the same. Try it and you will have a fine dining experience.