“Welcome back to the 1950's ..but great pizza!”
Review of Pizza Town USA

Pizza Town USA
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Phone Number: (201) 797-6172
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Welcome back to the 1950's ..but great pizza!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It's REALLY old school 1950's. Probably best as takeout unless you like picnic tables.

The pizza is de-lish! Pepperoni is thick cut, old Italian-style. Great ingredients make the difference!

It has been listed as one of the best pizzas in NJ. I'd say it warrants the visit.

• Visited May 2014

Boise, Idaho
“Hasn't Changed Since The 1960s”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Grew up in north Jersey and started visiting Pizza Town in 1962 when that first driver's license meant we could drive here. It isn't fancy food, but it's some of the best Jersey pizza you'll ever find. But yeah, what I go for is the calzones. None of that baked junk that so many pizza places pass off as a calzone. Pizza Town makes theirs from the same dough as their pizzas, stuffed full of ricotta, mozzarella and ham, then deep fried. They probably haven't changed the frying oil since the 1960s, but the calzones sure are great. We've lived out of the area for a long time, but just about every visit back we stop there for a slice and a calzone. My wife hates it, but hey, she didn't grow up in Jersey and so can't know about great pizza. And get a bag of the zeppolis (spelling?) for breakfast. Fried pizza dough with powdered sugar on top. Your cardiologist will love you for it.

• Visited October 2013
Elmwood Park
“Pizzatown”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Pizzatown has been around since the 1950's and has become an "institution". The pizza is great but even more impressive are their calzones.
Pizzatown is not a "sit down" type place, but rather is best for "take out".

• Visited March 2014
Oradell, New Jersey
“Takes me back”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife is a pizza maven - maybe even a pizza snob. One day, when we passed this Pizza Town on Route 46, it reminded me of the Pizza Town that had been in River Edge when I was a teen. I remembered their pizzas and zeppoles as being GREAT. I figured: "they can't be as good as I remember. I'm older, my tastes have changed." But we were hungry and my wife said "What the heck." So we drove into the lot. This was the original, from 1958, that stayed open long after their sister store had closed decades ago. We ordered some slices.

Wow. EXACTLY as I remembered it. Nicely seasoned. Crust just right. Good mix of chesse and sauce. And even better: My wife loved it. And the zeppoles? Well, maybe they're heart attacks in a bag, but when I was 15, I didn't care. And they taste JUST as good as they did then.

It's amazing that after 40 years, I can still experience the same taste sensations as I did when I was a kid.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DPL999
Little Ferry, New Jersey
“Slice of Pie”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick bite. Slices of pie and a soda. Nothin extra special. Decided on getting zepoles to go, best decision ever. They are great. Would go back for zepoles and to try the calzone as I've heard good reviews.