“Truly a worthy tradition”
Review of Pizza Town USA

Pizza Town USA
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Phone Number: (201) 797-6172
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Two years ago I was blessed with a son...and the day he turned 1 month some powder sugar from my my zepole to my finger tips then to his bottom lip...the next generation of pizza town worshippers has arrived when he cracked his first smile.As soon as you walk in toy know this is a no bull Pizzeria don't ask them to change what had worked since there father first placed his hand on the cold white marble pizza table and created one of the most blessed dough concoctions to ever make its way to the oven. It's simplicity is far from complex, but the refraining from the urge to change it is what makes it so awesome. If you say this is not the best pizza you ever had turn around and about 3 miles up the road ifs hackensack hospital to get your head checked.About a year ago they lost one of there cast of characters he was like the dough that kelped PT RISE TO THE TOP. he was quick with the lip if anyone wanted something changed.There's not many places that would follow the path of legacys but I thank god that this family has not stayed from what is right....and I only hope the siblings can convince the children to carry on one day....this is no bull this place hills so many memories for me when I was in first grade at gantner ave school staring across the highway actually thinking uncle sam actually made pizza there.LOVE THIS PLACE AND SO WILL YOU .....YOU CAN BET MY IRISH ITALIAN backside

2  Thank shawn c

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was so excited to go to Pizza Town as soon as I got off the plane from California. My family has always raved about it, and boy were they right! Got me a fried calzone with sauce to dip it in; best thing I've ever tasted. I describe it as lasagna in a fried pocket. Then came the pie. Oh my goodness! The crust is perfectly charred a bit to give it that authentic flavor that only the east coast knows. I then had to try a zeppole, which were as good and as messy as everyone says. Make sure you eat these in the restaurant, and not in your car. Unless you don't mind powdered sugar everywhere.
My only disappointment was I didn't get to meet the "Pizza Nazi" herself. I guess she only works during the day and lets the guys handle the place at night. Still a lot of fun. Loved the personalities. Loved the atmosphere. Will be my first stop the next time I'm in Jersey.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pizza Town has been around since 1957 and our family has been going there since day one. Here you will find a thin crust pizza that can't be beat. Their sandwiches are also just as good. The only place where you can still get an authentic deep fried calzone. Try the zeppole too you won't be disappointed. What more can I say.....I LOVE this place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Pizza can't be beat at Pizza Town USA! Simple as that! We look forward to each visit. Zeppoli are a treat! Calzone is big and well filled.

2  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I love these quickly cooked basic pizzas. I think NJ monthly rated them one of the top 10 pizzas in NJ. You can pull up and order and its ready in 10 mins. A little sparse on the cheese but the sauce and the char on the crust make it tasty and light. These are thin and delicious pies. Give it a try....if you like deep dish...fuggetaboutit!

2  Thank mc423