“Nice lunch”
Review of Taverna Mykonos

Taverna Mykonos
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna Mykonos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lyncrest Street
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went with a friend for lunch. She had been here several times and loves it. The menu choices are limited and quite pricey for lunch. The food was good and service was fine. The main problem is that there is no place to park.

1  Thank spoiledrotten1

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My first impression was... they doing a favor to the part of the street they're on.
Years ago it was one of the most popular Russian places in the area to go eat, dance, stay late.
Things changed over the years, now it's a nice, clean, elegant place to go and get a very good quality food and exceptional service. The whole atmosphere is what makes me want to go back there. And not just me, I was, actually introduced by much younger generation, who go there on a regular basis. My personal favorite is whole fish.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went there Friday around 5 pm for the first time, not realizing you need a reservation. The place was totally empty so we ask for booth. The man who greeted us at the door said we can have only table because all the booths were "reserved". We finished our dinner and the booths still were waiting for the rush to come in. The place is beautifully decorated.
The food was very good, but I really would not call it "authentic" Greek.
When we read the menu (small menu) was brought to our table bread and olive oil.
We ordered Greek white wine. The wine was good. For appetizer we had Saganaki (fried Greek cheese in olive oil and lemon) and Olives & feta. Both were good. As an entree we ordered Meat mousaka; was good too. The service was OK, but not great. The meal ended with a complimentary bite size dessert to share. Dinner for two with two glasses of wine was about $100. I personally felt that the dinner prices are on the high end especially for a restaurant in that location. Finding a parking space in this neighborhood would be a challenge, but they offering a valet parking. General was good dinner.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My new favorite for Greek --wonderful ambience, great service, fabulous food and perfect for a business lunch or special dinner.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

First time to this place. Made a big mistake by taking a guest to try the food. Just bland expensive food. Think I was duped by the good rating. Or the main cook was off last night. I won't go back. The only good thing is the decor of the restaurant.