“Not Greek to me”
Review of Taverna Mykonos

Taverna Mykonos
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna Mykonos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lyncrest Street
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There was a mix up about our reservation when we arrived that caused some anxiety. The place is beautifully decorated and the noise level is moderate to loud (Saturday night). We shared an appetizer and then all ordered separate mains and separate deserts. No one in our group of four drinks alcohol. The food was very good, but I really would not call it "authentic" Greek . My daughter in law is part Greek, so I have been to many celebrations where real Greek food is served. I also thought the prices were a bit on the high end.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have enjoyed Mykonos half a dozen times and have always been very pleased! The food is delicious and the staff an service vey good! Will continue to enjoy often!

2  Thank vimatravel
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant has great food, in a trendy, very modern atmosphere. I love the decoration. I have eaten here several times and the food is consistently good. I read the other reviews but I have never experienced a bad meal here, and the service is great!

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Being Greek I was very excited to try this restaurant. After trying their chicken souvlaki, I was so disappointed at how dry it was. Rose's Lebanese Restaurant down the street always produces a nice kebab. I am still searching for a Greek restaurant that will satisfy me or any Greek.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

love the ambiance, modern chic for jersey. had the grilled octopus which was very good, but quite a small dish for the price. the seas bass was excellent. overall good food but felt everything was a little over priced given we are in NJ and only had 1 drink each. (2 drinks apps and 2 entrees was 200 bucks plus), i would recommend this spot but better cheaper places in NYC and Queens