“What a mess”

Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed January 8, 2013

When to stayed this hotel on December 26 and January 3
We are expecting the package was send to room from my friend...
The hotel staff saying will send it go to our room...

And the story began..
But the end until today, we still don't heard anything about our package and they promised they will pay for our lost, if they couldn't find it.

I don't believe this happened for the hotel like Crown Plaza.
The staff took customer belonging...

As per today, we haven't heard anything from the hotel as well.
Very disappointed

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Christine A
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

First and foremost please accept our apologies for the issues encountered during your recent stay with us. Please email me directly so I can further look into this missing package.

Our staff strives to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable stay with exceptional service, and I will assure you that your feedback will help us improve our customer service experience.
Thank you again for bringing your concerns to my attention and you may contact me at cvalerio@menlohotels.com with any additional comments or concerns you may have.

General Mananger

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at this Crowne Plaza twice over three weeks. This property is definitely not as luxurious or well-kept as some of the other Crowne Plazas. The rooms are quite nice. They are big, clean and the bathrooms are well-stocked. The services are average, but adequate. The pool and the gym looked quite decent, though we have not tried them.

The parking is the worst part of the whole stay. It is $15 to park in an outdoor lot. The second time we parked to the left of the entrance, and the next morning there was a car that blocked us from backing out. Turned out that the left side of the lot was operated by a parking company. The staff at the Crowne Plaza was of little help. Fortunately the parking company was able to move the car for us without charging us anything.

Overall, it is a nice hotel, but try not to drive there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike L

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our staff works diligently to always improve on the service experience of our guests. We are about to undergo a multi-million dollar renovation to our property that will certainly improve our product. As far as your parking concern, I will inform the other company, EZ-Way, about blocking cars in any scenario. We apologize for that inconvenience.

As always you may contact me at cvalerio@menlohotels.com with any additional comments you may have.

Best Reagrds,

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I would have rated very good but there were a couple inconveniences. I stayed in room 1120 for one night. King bed was clean and comfortable, with great fluffy pillows.
Newer alarm clock radio, large TV, good coffee, real glasses and ceramic mugs instead of paper/styro, ample bathroom amenities. Large restaurant (didn't use.) Little "deli" for quick take away coffee and breakfast. Courteous staff. Shuttle every half hour to airport which can be a long wait if you just missed one.
The tub and sink drain stoppers didn't function. There was no AC outlet at desktop level for computer recharge, nor did I see an available outlet in the room. Had to use outlet in bathroom.
Old fashioned HVAC unit which I like because the fan can run continuously to drown out the slight air traffic noise outside. 4 elevators. I would stay here again.
If you found my review helpful, please click on "yes." Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our staff works diligently to always improve on the service experience of our guests. We will be renovating our guestrooms to be completed by spring this year. Along with new carpets and furniture we are planning on adding more electrical outlets to our rooms which should alleviate some problems. Our team appreciates your compliments and we hope to see you soon on your next trip.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Newark Airport on a layover flight. It was my first time at a Crowne Plaza and it was one of the worst experience I had in a hotel. The hotel is extremely dated and need a make over. There is crashes every where in the room. The bed was sinking in the middle, time to replace the mattress. you can heard people front other room through the air conditioning unit. Let me see trying to think about a pro, flat screen tv and shower head(how can you go wrong with a Speakman shower head). For $100+ this hotel do not deliver.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear NeroFlash,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for our guests.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Perfect for a layover! 24hour airport shuttle which leaves every 30 minutes. Wifi available in rooms. Comfortable beds and rooms, coffee shop in lobby. I didn't try the restaurant. Rooms are quiet. I would stay again for a one night stop over.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our staff works diligently to always improve on the service experience of our guests. Our team appreciates your compliments and we hope to see you soon on your next trip.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We consider ourselves very lucky that we stayed in this hotel during Sandy.Our flight was cancelled and our previous hotel in Manhattan was fully booked.The rooms were clean and large enough.The staff were excellent and they worked for three days without going home..The restaurant was open and they served food without any problems during the storm..Special thanks to Faddy who did his best..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our staff works diligently to always improve on the service experience of our guests. We hope everything with you and your family worked out ok during Hurricane Sandy. Most importantly that everyone was safe. We were fortunate that our Hotel didn’t lose power for that long and we were able to keeping running our daily operations.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was really nervous going there after reading all the negative comments.
When I arrive, my room key didn't work but it was all fixed quickly. The room itself was nice and confortable, however the bathroom had hair on the floor and no fridge in the room.
For the lifts, only one is still working and yes it takes time to go up and down.
Overall, it was ok but yet not to Crowne Plaza standards in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are very sorry your room key didn’t work the first time, but glad our staff resolved the matter quickly. I have already notified our Executive Housekeeper of your complaint to prevent this from occurring again.

The elevators have been an issue for some time now and we apologize for that. They have been going through a modernization process for a while now and are nearly complete. We have two of our three elevators fixed with all new parts running at 100%. The final car should be completed before Christmas.

Carlos Valerio

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Newark Airport? Share your experiences!