“Cheap and Nasty !”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Nasty !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I cannot believe this property is a Days Inn. The room was awful with water running down the walls, A very noisy extractor in the bathroom, it even drowned the planes out!!! Noisy heater.
It did have a comfy clean bed, hot water and decent toiletries. It was cheap, but unfortunately cheap and nasty !!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! Seriously it's not that far to New York City where great hotels are availab...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jill B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
Southport CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We picked the cheapest available place to crash for a few hours and park our car when flying out of Newark. The rooms was warm and safe and that's all we needed for the few hours of rest we paid for. The front desk staff was super nice, as were the Park and Fly guys next door. The Lobby Bar and Restaurant next door was a savior and has awesome drinks, dancing and food. If you're looking for anything more than bare bones, this is not the place for you. If you need a quick efficient well priced place to park and lay your head for a few hours, this place is perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the back.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chateauguay, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I got stranded in my connection flight due to bad weather with my family at newark International Airport with no option than to spend the night, I ask where can I get a Hotel room and they told me in the ground floor there is a phone with a list of different hotels so I choice this one because the price, they came to pick us up in a very bad conditions shuttle bus, but nothing too bad, then we arrived at the hotel which did not look too good but there where pretty good nice cars park in front of it so I thought It could not be that bad (it turns out that they park the cars there for people going on a trip). So we pay for the hotel and went into the room, let me tell you that I am not too fancy or demanding but honestly I have not idea how the airport allows them to be on the list inside of the airport where you can get a hotel, the main door did not close properly you can see light come through, it felt pretty dirty inside, everything is broken, they had in the floor a small heater that did not even work and when you walk on the bathroom it gets even worst, I talk to the person at the administration that I was going to leave and that I had not even used the room, but he told me that after 15 minutes he can not give me my money back, I even ask just for half but he refused. The airport and the Days Inn franchise should do something about it, for my part I will never stay in a Days Inn anywhere again.
I hope this will help someone not to do the same error and go through a very bad experience.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jorge P
Lachute, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

After missing a connection in Newark, we chose this hotel because of the "Days Inn" reputation and reasonable price. I will think twice before considering Wyndam hotels for any future travel. The room was filthy and in a state of disrepair. Stained sheets, curtains and carpet. We slept with our clothes on and put our shoes on to go to the bathroom. Buyer Beware. There has to be somewhere else -anywhere else to stay in the vicinity of the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ginny625
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is so bad that trip advisor rejected my review which was totally factual.Sheets,bathroom,carpet,ceiling,walls,bathroom,door,...When you sleep in your clothes I think it says something.What else is there?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jackieball
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport

Been to Airport Hotel Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!