“Decent stay”

Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our hotel room was clean and ready. We had an early flight the next day and the shuttle left right on time, which is always nice when you need to catch a plane. When the shuttle picked us up after our vacation, a guy named Ramon Cruz was driving. He knew everything about the hotel, its services, amenities, etc. front and back. When we asked him for a good place to eat for dinner he let us follow him to the restaurant and even got us a table! Such a nice guy. A+ service!

2  Thank Lauren R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great value airport hotel; excellent service; excellent breakfast buffet included; convenient shuttle service; no restaurant/bar but the shuttle driver can take you to nearby restaurants or you can order in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank DYA717
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I were travelling to NYC but didn't want to drive there. We were able to leave our car at the hotel and were able to go by train into New York by way of the airport/hotel shuttle after staying the night. Ramon the shuttle driver was of great assistance and showed us a great restaurant to try when we inquired about places to eat. Room was what we expected from a Hampton Inn. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful with our questions. Overall a good experience.

1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My boys and I recently spent the night at the hotel enroute to a family vacation in FL. The shuttle was great both back and forth, and Ramon lived up to his praises.

However, upon returning back to the hotel I found that the battery in my car was dead. Of course it had been sitting in the parking lot for a week in the cold. Ugh! I hurried to the front and asked Ramon if he had some jumper cables. He was just on his way to another shuttle trip, but said that he would help when he got back if I still needed it. Okay....

But a security guard overheard my request. He came up and asked what I needed. I told him that my battery was dead and that I needed a jump. He paused for a second and then told me to go back to my car and he would be right back. Minutes later his pulls around with his personal car!!! He said he really wasn't supposed to, but with my two little boys, he wanted to help. The battery was completely drained, and it took about 20 minutes to get the car running. All the while he made small talk with the boys and was super friendly. He made what ultimately could have been a horrible experience into one much more bearable.

A special thanks out to Felix the security guard! Amazing.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Do not believe all these good reviews as most of them are planted.

This hotel makes up fictitious charges. I was here for a official business trip and checked out of the hotel well before 12pm. I told the front desk lady that I am checking out. But to my horror I found the next day that they've charged me 50 $ for late checkout. I asked them why they said that the cleaning lady wasn't sure if I had checked out already or not.

The front desk staff was rude and adamant that they were correct. They didn't want to give my refund back.

Never ever stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Manutd_13
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Newark, NJ because my flight from Newark was cancelled till the following day. The Hampton Inn was very close to the airport and affordable compared to other hotels. The hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly. Hotel shuttle to airport was every half hour. The hotel shuttle driver was kind enough to drive other guest and myself to a very nice restaurant and pick us up that evening. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Great hotel well situated. The shuttle driver Ramon was amazing. Recommended a great resturant that was outstanding (The Algarve). Nothing was too much trouble. All staff really friendly, will defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#2 of 13 in Elizabeth
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott

Been to Hampton Inn Newark-Airport? Share your experiences!