“Javier & Jose are Awesome!”

Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My colleague and I spent a long day travelling, we arrived at the Hampton and we were enthusiastically greeted by Javier and Jose who provided us with exceptional customer service. I will definately go out of my way to stay at this location.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while commuting from Princeton to New Work. I mistakenly selected a smoking room and had to change while doing check-in; They did the change without charging me anything, Jose and Lily were very kind. Also, on Saturday night I was forced to stay in Newark because of a very bad snow storm and without having any reservation they both found me a room with a reasonable price, it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Took group of college students during month of December. 2nd time staying in this location and the staff did not disappoint us. Clean rooms were ready upon arrival with designated keys/room-mates labeled and ready for speedy check-in. Free breakfast is very good - waffles, omelets, fruit, various breads and pastries, juice, doughnuts, cereal - excellent selections. Also, various FREE coffees available in lobby 24 hours a day. Incredible value ($99) for a hotel so close to NYC. A big shout-out to Benito, Lily and Amy for their excellent customer service. We will definitely use this hotel again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel is across from the Hilton. The only thing dividing the two hotels is Hilton's pay-to-stay parking lot. This hotel is cleaner, newer, more hospitable (free breakfast, wifi and parking!) and the people are genuine. I hope the hotel management reads this because Benito, Amy and Julia have gone out of their way to make my stay way above my expectations. Julia has made my morning brighter simply by having a normal conversation while I get my breakfast! Stay here, you will undoubtedly have a comforting experience.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank The207Life
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My 4 Sisters were staying at the near by Hampton Inn when we were going to BB Kings in NYC to see Eric Benet. We went to some of our favorite sites to find a reasonable hotel at the last minute. Trip Advisor and YELP lead us to the hotel. We found this hotel which proved to be convenient to everything, priced well and available. Rooms in NYC were about $369.00 and up a night since we only booked 3 days before the 12/8/13 show date. That is ridiculous as they weren't even higher rated hotels. The rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable. The staff was very nice and incredibly friendly. Loved the free meal in the morning and the late night coffee and tea. Dede made our waffles with lots of love and Margarita went out of her way to bring me juice when the machine was low. I love when someone goes the extra mile to give excellent customer service. That alone will have me comIng back again.
We had to extend the stay with no problem considering the number of people staying there. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013

By far, one of the most enjoyable and convenient hotels I've stayed at for business travel. My typical routine is to spend night at hotel for next day early morning flight. Front desk staff including Lily, Javier, Jose and Amy have always been great, friendly and professional. The property is immaculately maintained including the lobby, dining area, hallways, rooms and exercise room. Rooms are clean, bright, comfortable and include many outlets at the desk. Beds, pillows and bedding are awesome. Bathroom is also clean, bright, include sufficient amenities, with great water pressure in shower. I don't use the shuttle but hear great comments about the service. There is free parking, yes, free parking so I park and return rental car in the morning, thus avoiding taking shuttle from airport. I do have to say that the property was challenging to find (heading to airport from I-78) so get clear driving instructions. Breakfast is typical Hampton Inn - free, more than sufficient, nice variety, great presentation, - I did not catch her name bust special thanks to the young lady that says "have a blessed day". There are no restaurants in walking distance except for the Hilton Hotel next door - stayed there one night and was disappointed. Rooms I have stayed in at Hampton Inn have microwave and mini-fridge, so I always bring something I pick up on way to hotel.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

flew in to newwark to go to NYC and on a cruise. great choice and so cheap . well run, friendly. great breakfast daily, rooms big, clean.....easy access to NYC. take free shuttle to airport, then number 62 bus to Penn stn and then the PATH train and go all the way to the trade ctr and tour the south areas or go to Penn stn in mid manhattan and tour that area. only $4 bucks total to get there. safe, fun travelling with the locals. takes about 45 min total to travel....no restaurant but go next door and they have great food and prices are good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#2 of 13 in Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Newark-Airport? Share your experiences!