“Bed Bugs at Hampton Inn Newark Airport” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Newark-Airport

Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
“Bed Bugs at Hampton Inn Newark Airport”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

After reading a traveler's experience with bed bugs at this hotel, I decided to write my experience with bed bugs. When it happened to me I thought it was an isolated incident. When we come in town we always stayed at this hotel. I used to live in Linden and I remember when it was built. I never had a problem staying at this hotel until this year when we had to come to town for a funeral and my husband and I stayed there. The day that we left, I noticed bumps started to appear all over my body. I realized they were bed bugs bites, but by then we were on our way back to NC and I could not show anyone at the front desk. When I got home I call back and told them what had happen and they said they would not charge me for the stay. She gave my the number of the manager to call and complain, which I did and left a message and never received a call back. You bet I will never stay there again! We were there March 2013.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Francine S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Hebrew first
Neward, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Hampton Inn Newark Airport was wonderful all around, but we especially want to thank the shuttle driver Ramon Cruz for his wonderful help. One of us is disabled, and he went far above and beyond with his assistance, even helping us into and out of a local restaurant. He was engaging, helpful, and made our welcome a truly wonderful experience! Thank you, Ramon!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Webster, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had a great experience during my stay here. The front-desk was warm and friendly and helped me swap my smoking room for non-smoking! Both Lilly and Jose were professional and knowledgable with the services around the area. two thumbs up!

Boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The entire staff at this hotel were delightful and helpful, but Ramon Cruz, the shuttle driver on duty went above and beyond. He drew me a map to help me find a convenient gas station before returning my rental car to the airport and picked me up at Hertz rather than have me try to locate the usual pick-up spot for P3 tram. He gave me some time to get settled at the hotel, then drove me to a very pleasant Portuguese restaurant and showed up 1.5 hours later to get me back to the hotel. Incredible service from a very happy man who loves his job and loves to help people!!

Beverly Hills, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

You will get a good night sleep and some okay food. The staff is kind and considerate. The bed is worth the stay! I would stay her again. I was delighted that the room was clean and organized. I would definitely stay here again now that I understand the NJ jug handles.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

They have it all. Airport shuttle that runs every half hour (with an amazing driver, Ramon, who is a walking encyclopedia for all the local food, sundries, transportation options, everything). Nice comfy beds. Free hot breakfast with something for every taste from eggs and meat to fresh fruit, waffles and donuts. A free business center. Yes, free faxing, printing, internet. That alone is worth it. It's quiet. The front desk is efficient and friendly. There is a mini-fridge and microwave in each room--very handy for leftovers. And did I mention the shuttle driver, Ramon? All in all a very profitable and comfortable business trip. (Note: It does take quite a long time to get into Manhattan every day, between the hotel shuttle, train schedule, and subways in NYC, so plan for it. Oh, and second note. Do yourself a favor and eat dinner at a local Portuguese restaurant, Algarve. It was AMAZING!)

Elizabeth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

this is good hotel. cleaning carpet. stuff is nice. Breakfast is good. Just the sleeping bed is too soft. couple of my friend not really nice the sleeping bed. But I will stay next time too. keep doing good job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Hilton Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Newark-Airport? Share your experiences!