“Great Hotel!”

Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We reserved this hotel based on Trip Advisor for our cruise the next day. The shuttle quickly picked us up and brought us to the hotel. Turns out our cruise was delayed because of Noro virus and instead of leaving at noon we were delayed until 5 p.m. The staff at this hotel were beyond the normal courteous staff we encounter at Hampton Inn. They went out of their way to accommodate us. Jose, Lily and Amy were smiling and so helpful to all of the "cruisers" they had. They have a shuttle to the restaurant, Valenca, which was excellent. They let us stay later in the rooms and ordered transportation to the port. The rooms were clean and quiet. We will definitely stay here if our cruise leaves from this port!

Room Tip: We asked for a room opposite the highway as we are very light sleepers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This has taken me a while to get to, but I want to thank the nice people at the Hampton Inn in Elizabeth NJ for helping my daughter and I navigate from Elizabeth NJ to NYC everyday for a week. My daughter was moving to NYC to go to school. We had to find a room for rent. To do our hunting we set up shop at the Hampton Inn by the Newark Airport.

We were not sure how we were going to get back and forth to NYC. . .but we got lucky. Ramon Cruz was the driver that picked us up from the airport. He told how to get from here to there. We should go back to the airport everyday via the hotel shuttle, get on bus 62 at the airport to Newark Penn Station, then take the Path into NYC which would drop us off right at the World Trade Center. From there we would have access to the NYC Subway. We did this for a week. It saved us a small fortune. The trip into NYC took about an hour a day. In addition, we found good sandwich shops by the WTC that we could bring back with us. Esp one called Aroma where you could get good simple food and coffee. I think the other one by the old church was Stage Deli.

I would also like to mention that there are a lot of good folks working really hard to make that hotel as nice as they can with very little. The young woman running breakfast owned it and was proud of her work. I loved it. The manager was very quick to get back with her customers and the front desk people were unfailing pleasant. Thanks to the people of Hampton Inn in Elizabeth NJ! You are fabulous.

Room Tip: Maybe pick a room that faces away from the freeway, but I did not find it to be noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Choose this hotel because of location and price and I was very happy with the accommodations. While the address says Elizabeth the hotel is directly across the street from the Newark Airport so don't let the city deter you. We were visiting Newark for a funeral so the location was perfect. I will say it is close to major roadways and restaurants, but no food options within walking distance so plan accordingly.

We reserved 3 rooms at this hotel, the staff was friendly and answered all questions we had during out stay. The breakfast was good, plain omelets, pastries, cereal, turkey sausage (yummy), oatmeal, waffles and fruit. The dining area was busy but the staff were well prepared and friendly. The rooms were clean, average size could be larger. My only complaint is that the bathrooms do not have exhaust fans which makes its very uncomfortable when you have four people trying to shower and dress.

I am a picky traveler so to make me want to return the hotel exceeded my families expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Room and amenities were excellent. Ramon Cruz is amazing - a real entertainer and so helpful.
He recommended a local restaurant, Algarve, which truly lived up to his praises. Every member of staff was most helpful and friendly. I shall be back and shall certainly recommend the Hampton Inn to other Bermuda travellers!
Thanks - Jean M.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jean M
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I love Hampton Inns...I know what to expect each time I stay at one and am rarely disappointed. This Hampton is a short shuttle rides from Newark Liberty airport and the first thing you notice is the 'speech' by the shuttle driver that gives you pretty much all the info you need to check in, order some food, print your boarding passes, etc. And all in a humourous and good spirited manner. A nice introduction to the hotel.

Wasn't disappointed with our room, either. Another clean, spotless and comfortable area with a great bed. We were only here one night between flights, but spent the evening relaxed and ready the next day to continue our journey.

Shuttles are frequent and breakfast is always a nice variety of as much or as little as you want.
Thanks again, Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This review is specifically about the Aiport-Hotel shuttle service. Their service was one of the most critical experiences that will drive me to select this hotel every time I go to Newark/NYC area. Ramon Cruz, shuttle driver, might as well been a tour guide...he's that informative!! He single handily ensured we knew where to go and specifically how to get there. One of the nicest people we met in the area and left the right impression with us on visiting Newark/NYC. We simply don't know what we would have done without Ramon. He was a true ambassador of Newark/NYC area. Simply a great and caring person...we consider him family now.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

What a wonderful employee you have in Ramon! Was new to the city and his eagerness to ensure we knew where to go and how to get there was beyond any experience I have had traveling. What a jewel! Enjoyed our stay and will stay with Hampton Inn for sure when back in the area. Thanks Ramon, Terrie Dawson

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#2 of 13 in Elizabeth
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ

Been to Hampton Inn Newark-Airport? Share your experiences!