Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
$75
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
1,500 results
All reviewsfront deskthe shuttle driverroom was cleanbreakfast staffthe breakfast areafree shuttlefree breakfastevery half houran early flightoatmealparking lotinto nycnew jerseyan overnight stayone night stayjavierairport
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I always like a hotel that is near the airport with a shuttle. That way I don't have to rent a car just to go to sleep and I don't need to bother others to pick me up. Having stayed at some questionable hotels near airports, the Hampton Inn was a nice surprise. One Note: If you are coming in late, grab something to eat at the airport before you leave if you can. There are no food places around, only delivery.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We could not do breakfast as it starts to late. This is an airport hotel and people leave early. We had to leave at 6:00. Shuttle was on time. Breakfast was advertised at 6:00 but not even started yet - no signs of even being set up. They should start at 5:00. That means it would really be working (with them) by 5:20 at best. Shuttle driver is a great guy! Liked him. But they only have one. When awaiting pickup I saw Holiday Inn and many other brands come by 3/4 times before my shuttle came. I waited 45 minutes and was told 20. They said rain caused flooding - but why only your shuttle? You need two - not one. Hope the new driver as nice as the existing one. NO FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to go to another hotel next door to get some. And at $15 for a sandwich that was a bad choice. You had some machines but price for beverages not shown. Wound up eating Pop-Tarts for dinner. TV was very nice - after you spent a while figuring it out. Pay channels come up first. You need study until the free ones can be accessed. THIS IS REALLY A PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son (6 yr old) wanted to watch TV and I did not even know what channels I could show him. The pay per view should be at end and clearly marked. So you study and still not sure you are getting extra charges. We wound up teaching each other from folks in other rooms and eventually just turning it off. So - ask your self a question - is that what you want? The guest have to teach each other how to use a Freagin' TV? If I come again - it wil be with a case of food and beverage, demand a staff member come and teach us TV and disable all accident charges,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Starting to show some wear. Had a damp/ air freshener smell when we were there. Like they where trying to hide the smoking smell from the rooms that allow them. Breakfast has gone downhill and the staff had the outside rear doors propped open. In this area that's a pretty big security issue. Location is bad, nothing to walk to, traffic is scary busy flying past.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel was very hard to find and apparently that is known...it is on a service road next to the airport. It would be good to provide some clear directions with booking confirmation. Our bathroom floor was so dirty we needed to wear shoes at all times and the shoes needed to be bagged to go in my suitcase. Fortunately we were only staying for one night to catch an early flight, and the hotel was convenient for that. Staff was lovely. Just needs a good cleaning.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had not stayed here for many years. During my recent stay this hotel has gmet my expectations of the quality and friendliness expected of a Hampton Hotel. Employees are experienced, courteous make every effort to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Plan ahead. Hotel is extremely popular and provides good value for the money.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business