Booked a park and fly package through www.buyreservations.com for Christmas week. Our family stayed at the hotel the night of 12/ 22/06 - before an early flight out and left our car for 9 days in the fenced lot. No problems there-got to the hotel very late because of holiday traffic and heavy rainfall. Our hotel accomodations were very comfortable and we found the staff helpful. Had no problem finding a spot in the lot and the car was as we left it on our return. The hotel directions from the NJ Turnpike are not detailed enough and we had to stop at a gas station for directions. The area directly off of the turnpike is not a busy commercial area or well lit and seemed a bit run down. We did not feel great about having to get out of the car at 11pm in this area. Would advise that you get better directions than Hilton provides or have a good street map with you. The early morning shuttle (3:40am) was available as scheduled (runs every 20 min) and we were dropped off right at the terminal. It took less than 10 min to get to the terminal from the hotel. We returned 12/31/06 at 1:30am. Had a reservation for a room booked directly through the hotel. Getting to the hotel shuttle area took a while. The airtrain to P4 runs every 20 min at that hour, as does the hotel shuttle. It took us quite a while to get to the hotel because we just missed catching both and had to wait. Once at the hotel, we were given our room-next to the elevators and to the cleaning closet-a very noisy location for a family checking in at 2:30am and hoping to sleep in. We were too tired and loaded down with luggage to request a room change, so stayed in the room. We heard every ping of the elevator and foot traffic by our room. The maid knocked on the door at 8am (apparently didn't know we were only staying one night). When we checked out, I spoke with the hotel manager about our accomodations and the noise and she quickly offered a reduction to our room rate, which we accepted. The hotel itself is very nice and the beds were very comfortable. There was absolutely no noise from the airport. Overall, I would say our stay at the Hilton was a positive one and I would recommend this location for those who have an early flight into or out of Newark Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 24-hour shuttle service from and to Newark Liberty International Airport, this full service hotel offers comfortable guest rooms, a choice of food & beverage outlets as well as 24 hour room service. Our Precor Fitness Center and indoor heated pool are for hotel guests only. The hotel is conveniently located and a short train ride away to Newark and New York City, as well as Liberty State Park and NJ cruise piers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Newark Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Newark Airport Hotel Elizabeth
- Newark Airport Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
- Newark Hilton