Changed rooms three times. The first because of the non-working internet modem, the second time they upgraded me to a suite, but it smelled like an ashtray despite being billed as non-smoking (they had an ashtray next to the bed). Kind of confused why being at the top level of their Honors program and I was still in an average room, no upgrade, despite paying a decent rate.
The hotel's location is great and it's easy to navigate once you figure it out.
Having to switch rooms was a little rocky, but overall I'd return.
AC POWER Tough to find in this old hotel. Thankfully lamps in most rooms have a single plug at the base.
BATHROOM Clean, a little on the small side, but a big enough countertop for plenty of toiletries, Speakman showerhead, towels on racks in the shower.
BEDDING Hilton's latest bedding, very comfy.
CLEANLINESS Hit and miss, I had three rooms during this stay, and one was a victim of cigarette and other random stains, but overall most rooms were clean.
INTERNET $9.95 charge (October of 2008). Only wired DSL service (no WiFi). First room did not have a working modem. Spoke with telephone tech help and they were not able to get a signal from the box, found out later it was a dead modem. I called the front desk that had 40 other rooms available, and the rude front desk agent suggested I wait another ten minutes for the engineer to bring up a new modem. I suggested that a new modem would not work for a dead line. Once her shift was over, I switched rooms and had a good connection.
LOBBY Inviting, easy access to check-in, gift shop and bar. Elevators close to front desk.
PARKING Parking availability was very limited in their self park lot. $10/24hrs.
POOL Did not visit, but they have a small indoor pool.
STAFF Very pleasant, outside of the aforementioned front desk agent. Some language issues with some of the staff, but generally very professional.
WATER PRESSURE Excellent water pressure from the shower head, but one room had a very weak bathroom faucet.
TELEVISION LCD widescreens, but no HD signals. The TV was not quick to respond to the remote controls and it became very frustrating trying to channel surf. The analog cable signal had a lot of loss and was very weak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 24-hour shuttle service from and to Newark Liberty International Airport, this full service hotel offers comfortable guest rooms, a choice of food & beverage outlets as well as 24 hour room service. Our Precor Fitness Center and indoor heated pool are for hotel guests only. The hotel is conveniently located and a short train ride away to Newark and New York City, as well as Liberty State Park and NJ cruise piers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Newark Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Newark Airport Hotel Elizabeth
- Newark Airport Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
- Newark Hilton