Hilton Newark Airport
$75
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
1,837 results
All reviewsan early flightshuttle servicenew yorkpark and flyruns every minutesbed was comfortablefree shuttlepenn stationstayed one nightinto nycstarbuckslobbyairportdriverhonorstrainconvenience
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We used the free shuttle which was efficient, even though we got in late.
The rooms were comforatble and large. We had 2 double beds. The hotel is remote and there is nowhere closeby to eat. We had room a service meal wich was mediocre. The soup of the day was a bit of a mystery and the fries with the hamburgers were cold and soggy. For breakfast there is limited choices and the breakfast nook has coffee and light snacks. The fron desk were nice and professional and acknowleged my silver status.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed with a friend at the Hilton Newark for one night as a layover. She is a regular the Hilton so she did the check-in. We took advantage of the hotel shuttle from the airport but the wait felt much longer than 20 min. between shuttles.

Our room was on the 11th floor and it had 2 double beds. Bed was comfortable but the sheets and the pillowcases had a faint uriney smell.

Plenty of hot water in the shower but the pressure was awful.

In the morning, we picked up a few items from the cafe in the lobby for breakfast - jumbo Starbucks coffee, croissants ($2.50), fruit salad ($4.50), yogurt with berries and granola. The granola in the yogurt was amazing - perfectly toasted and lightly sweetened. The croissants were also good - very fluffy and fresh. I don't usually eat hotel food but I found these offerings to be decent.

The location of this Hilton is very remote. You would need to catch the shuttle back to the airport to connect to transit heading downtown or walk 15-20 min. through a cemetary, neighbourhoods and on the shoulder of the freeway to North Elizabeth train station and catch the local train into Manhattan ($6.50/one way).

I would probably only chose to stay at this hotel to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellerGal
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Can't believe I had to pay $200 for a standard room. As a Hilton diamond member I travel all the time and my room was worth about $89 or $99. Bubbling paint in the tiny bathroom added to the negative experience. Friendly reception staff and the proximity to airport were the only positives.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2014

we were there for 4 days and everything was great, everything was close by ten to 15 minutes if we needed to shop or just try another restaurant. Try it you will like it. Airport was close and easy to access. thank you for being there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had an early flight and redeemed points for a king room. The hotel had an airport shuttle that was every 20 minutes and it was well maintained. There is a cocktail social in the evening that I passed on but still a nice perk. This was a worth my points and the bell hop, Gitty was very personable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family