“Nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice stay”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed one night at the Hilton Newark coming coming from JKF in trnasit to chicago. The room was clean and quiet as I had asked and I could sleep very well. Diner was simple but fine. In the morning I could enjoy a swimm. Breakfast was good, I especially enjoyed the fresh fruits. The shuttle to the Airport every 20 minutes is very convenient. The ratio price-value is very good.
I will come back.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Jean_Delteil -

Thanks for the feedback. While I know you were only with us for a night, its great to hear you had a chance to try out so many of our great amenities. With a relaxing pool, a quality restaurant, a hidden gem of a bar, and stylish rooms, the Hilton Newark Airport is an unparalleled value.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

adam.heffron@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Not worth 200USD without an exec floor.

It's a older hilton that have been retrofitted with new furnishing but bathroom size is still "motel" like.

Hotel vans runs every 20 mins to/from Newark.

But the overall experience - Not sure I felt like a "diamond" HHONORS member.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Cl W
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear CI W -

Thank you for your feedback. We take all comments seriously, and appreciate your honesty.

As you mentioned, we recently completed a guest room renovation, adding a hip, contemporary feel to our rooms. The feedback has been terrific, and I am pleased to hear that you were upgraded to a Deluxe King in recognition of your Diamond status.

We take great care to offer our Diamond HHonors members several complimentary services and amenities, including room upgrades whenever available, complimentary full American breakfast, complimentary high-speed internet access, and a welcome amenity. I sincerely apologize if any of these perks were not delivered.

Thanks again for taking some time to help us improve. We greatly appreciate hearing from our HHonors members, and especially like to hear from our dedicated Diamond HHonors guests. Please contact me should you wish to discuss further.

We hope to see you during your next stop through Newark, at which time I am sure we will deliver the product and service you have come to expect from Hilton hotels.

Best Regards,

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had my Newark to Toronto flight cancelled, and so I stayed here with a colleagues recommendation. Hotel is beautifully renovated. Room decor was superb. Bed very comfortable. Dinner at bar restaurant was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Brent C -

Wow, thanks for such nice words! We love hearing when we make a stay extra special. I cannot wait to share your feedback with the team.

I trust we will see you again during your next visit to Newark!

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We really enjoy the Calamari and Chicken wings at the bar. We stay here to park and fly every year. Have not had any problems and we know our car is safe. The free shuttle is a money saver to and from the airport A cab from the airport to the hotel was $27.00! Take that charge times round trip and parking fees and your stay is relatively free.

Dear bettyannen2014 -

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am so pleased to hear you have had a chance to enjoy our hotel bar, Amelia's Lounge. We have a new Executive Chef who has added an exciting energy and some special creativity to our menu. He has stuck by some staples, but has made his mark on other areas in the menu. I will be sharing your comments with him and the culinary team.

Thanks again for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel is fine. The staff is very pleasant. The shuttle service to and from the airport is terrible. If I had waited to use it, I would have missed the plane. Had to take a taxi and the reason I booked there was so I could have the shuttle service.

Dear Robert J -

Thanks so much for recognizing our team. We take great pride in offering a helping hand and a friendly smile for each of our guests. It is nice to hear this did not go unnoticed.

I am terribly sorry to hear about the poor shuttle service. We recognize that our opportunity to create the perfect Hilton Newark Airport experience starts and ends with our airport shuttle team. I will be using your comments as a training tool to ensure that the next time you are in town our transportation team receives a glowing review.

Thank you for taking some time to share your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you think of anything else that will help us improve before your next visit.

Best Regards,

CHICAGO
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We got snowed-in Super Bowl weekend when our flight was cancelled. We were able to get a room and were so pleased with the service, the cleanliness, and the accommodations of this hotel. The manager and all the staff could not have been more welcoming and informative. We ate at the restaurant and drank Starbucks coffee waiting for the weather to clear. Both my husband and I enjoyed dinner. Lots to chose from on the menu. The breakfast was fantastic also.The exercise room was clean. We enjoyed watching movies in the room. Lots offered. They had a large selection of cereals, fruits, pastries and juices. They even had soy milk. We will book this hotel our next trip to New York. Well-run.

Calgary
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stopped at the Newark Airport Hilton overnight between flights. Our wait for the shuttle for pickup on a chilly night was not too long and the driver was very helpful getting all our group and a mound of luggage loaded up. With little ones in our party we were quickly installed in our rooms with the needed crib and we had adjoining rooms for the two families. An early departure the next morning had us waiting longer than we had hoped for a shuttle to return us to the airport but hotel staff worked on the problem quickly and efficiently. A call back about an item left behind resulted in it being mailed to us without charge. We would recommend this hotel to anyone having to staying overnight in Newark.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
No photo provided

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!