“Day room use”

Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just had a 12 hour stopover between disembarking a cruise and flying back to the UK so decided to book a day room to keep the luggage safe and allow us another opportunity to shop. It was quite expensive but gave us peace of mind. Good location for the airport and Jersey Gardens Mall, Starbucks in reception but it was closed in the afternoon when we really need a snack but overall the room was nice, newly refurbished, clean and quiet. Exactly what you need from an airport hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel. It is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations.We are using your feedback to help us improve, we look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We chose the Hilton because of the park & fly package, which makes the price worth it. We were leaving for an 8-day trip to California. It was almost impossible to find a parking spot when we got there. The outdoor lot was completely full and the garage was nearly full, but we did find a space. I'm not sure what would have happened if there were no parking spaces left.

Our room had very nice, modern decor. As with most Hiltons, the bed was comfy. We had room service that night, which was very nice. I had the salmon, which was delicious, and my husband had PEI mussels and some sort of sandwich. There was a mini bar and lots of overpriced snacks in the room, which is fine as long as I can manage to stay away from it!

The only problem we had with the room is the TV didn't work at first. My husband took a look himself and found that it was just unplugged -- the plug was difficult to access, but he managed and then it was fine. We actually took it as a good sign that they must clean the place if they managed to accidentally unplug the TV.

The airport shuttle was fine in the morning. No issues with that, and no issues with picking our car back up when we returned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this airport hotel due to the fact that we had an early morning flight on our departure day. The hotel, as a whole, was clean - neat - and current. All our dealings with hotel personnel were A - OK. Not a problem at all. Our room's air conditioner worked, but I didn't feel as though the thermostat actually changed anything. Considering that my room rate was in excess of $200.00 for a 1 night stay I thought it was very poor that they wanted to charge me for internet service. I am a Hilton Honors person but my level is Blue. I was told that higher level Honors people got FREE internet service. Fortunately, a most helpful desk person waived the internet fees and I felt better about that. All in all, as a hotel this one was fine. I simply question the high rates and the fact that they charge for internet. They also charge for parking, but I had already dropped my car at the airport and used the shuttle in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Conveniently located near the airport with complimentary shuttle service. Rooms was fair size and clean, but would expect more from a Hilton. Had a confirmed reservation for a room with a king size bed but was told at check in that they only have a room with two double beds. Was only one person so it did not really present an issue. Fair price. Overall fair value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very clean, efficient and friendly and quiet. However,the buffet breakfast prices at $18.75 per person were OTT for the leisure traveller, but there are plenty of cheaper places to eat at the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel and it is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations .

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Newark Airport! When your travels bring you back through the New York/New Jersey area .

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I checked in at 11:30 p due to a late flight. I am Hhonors member not that I expect a lot with that other than the room I asked for a bottle of water. I was given neither on check in. I was given a room that smelled so bad I asked to be put in another room. I ended up explaining to the front desk the 2nd day that I was hhonors member and had requested a king bed. They didn't have one but put me into my 3rd room of the stay on a renovated floor which was much better than the non-renovated floors! However the key did not work, and they called the engineer to fix my lock which took over an hour. Overall this was by far the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at and would not recommend staying their to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that the overall service was not the quality you expected and we are using your feedback to help us improve. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Hilton is quite grand as you enter and has a nice lobby area with a coffee shop and bar. Room was clean and staff were friendly, there is a little tuck shop that sells laundry detergent and snacks. It is expensive but not really a shock as there is little around the area to get food/drinks. There is a free shuttle to the airport and the hotel which makes traveling without a car a lot easier.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!