“For the $ we expected better”

Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
kansas
“For the $ we expected better”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We felt that for what we paid we should have had better. We were disappointed that they did not have free internet when Best westerns do. There was no fridge but a very expensive mini bar . The decor is dated but it was clean enough. We did like the timeliness of the shuttle and or ability to take them back to the airport and catch the train into New York City.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The bus driver looked at us and ignored us even if we ran and waved at him - to go from the hotel to the airport. We were late waiting for the next bus to arrive 20 mins later. Front desk staff were rude when I reported the bus issue. No hair dryer in bathroom. Upon request, a very dirty one was delivered to room. The housekeeper, for some strange reasons, changed the temperature setting to 60 degree F, and when we came back in at night, it was freezing cold, and there was not heating in the room. Coffee station was not stocked - had bunch of decaf coffee only. At the entrance and at the lobby, a strange looking and dressed person (may be homeless) was wondering around, talking to himself - and asking guests for money and cigarette. Security personnel did not appear to do anything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel. it is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations and I am going to share your comments with the team as feedback from our guests enables us to continually improve and exceed our service standards.

Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Why are the full service Hilton Hotels give you so much less for your money?? Parking - 20.00 and then you have to walk through the rain to get to the lobby. Internet access or printing in the business center? Swipe a credit card please. Boarding passes are free from a Kiosk in the lobby but the PC running is is from the 90's and froze up on me so I had to get one printed from the front desk. Coffee? There's only a Starbucks in the corner--that'll be 4.00 please. Airport shuttle is free and every 20 minutes but you better be there early because once their little 15 seat van fills up, they do not let you stand--left over people have to wait til the next one. And they let locals use their parking lot and also the shuttle---TIME TO GET A BIGGER SHUTTLE!
Also, my room temperature could not be regulated--we froze all night. The second night I had asked them to fix it, but it was not. No refrigerator in the room, and they will bring you one but that will be 15.00 please. No newspaper either. And the hallway carpeting was all frayed at the seams. This for 189.00 plus tax, tax, tax and more tax.
Dear Hilton, I will skip your pricey, no service full service hotels for your Hilton Garden Inn any time--or better yet, Marriott's Springhill Suites....
The only positive was the friendly

1 Thank Deb M
I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel and it is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations. I am going to share your comments with the team as feedback from our guests enables us to continually improve and exceed our service standards.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Newark Airport! When your travels bring you back through the New York/New Jersey area.

Houston, TX
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Who knew the Hilton Newark Airport was so nice? The lobby was well designed and inviting. The front desk workers were quite gracious. We were given rooms on the 'newly renovated' 12th floor (I don't know if the other floors were rennovated). My family and I were amazed at how nicely appointed the rooms were. Very modern decor with a comfy bed, small sofa and desk area. They offer a free airport shuttle every 20 minutes. There isn't much of a view, but, it is an airport hotel. Also, the walls were a tad thin and we could hear a loud family next door. All in all, I will stay at this Hilton if I need a hotel near Newark Liberty.

Room Tip: Ask for the 12th floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Newark. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We needed help with some large boxes and the staff were extremely helpful in getting them for us and loading them. The security staff was very kind to let me use the handicap parking space because I had an injury to my arm and my knee. The reception desk always greeted us with smiles and a big hello. The hotel is well sound proofed so you don't hear the planes at the airport.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and never had a problem. Staff is very helpful and cordial. I am always taken care off very well. Food is delicious, and I sleep like a baby here. I like staying here because of the close proximity to the airport and it works out well when I have to catch a flight early morning the following day. Hotel provides shuttle transportation and they are always on schedule. Overall, it is always a pleasure staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The front staff is really nice, but aside from them, it is just an ok property and in my mind not to par with other Hilton properties. The newly remodeled rooms are already looking worn out with the carpet fraying and the desk wood chipping off. in regards to the restaurant, if you have a car, go eat somewhere else. The food is just eh... I recommend not getting the following: chicken madrileno, any filet, endive salad nor any soup. The turkey avocado club is ok though. One good thing about the property though, the beds are pretty comfy,

Room Tip: Ask for rooms as far away from the elevator as the rooms have no sound proofing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!