“Nice stay.”

Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is very nice and comfortable. First night was I was very uneasy due to the power outage from the storm. The front desk staff did all they can do insure our satisfaction and did a terrific job. I still had a great sleep and continued to stay for another night. The hotel was very nice and the front desk staff is very fast and efficient. Great place to travel for business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The property

A pretty standard 80s airport Hilton. Reasonable condition for its age, neither smart nor scruffy. Not cheap at £120 a night, but that is the airport premium I guess. My main beef with this property is its location. It bills itself as the airport Hilton, but to get to it you first have to wait for the shuttle to car park 4, where you then have to wait for another shuttle to the hotel. It therefore takes about 30 minutes of hassle to get to the hotel from the terminal. Late at night this timing doubled. Rides back are direct, and quicker. To get into NYC you have to get the shuttle to car park 4, then a shuttle train to the mainline station, so about an hour overall to Penn. I wished I’d booked in to the Marriott, which you can walk to from the terminal.

The room

About 220 sq feet, with a very 80s sofa. Lighting slightly bilious but enough of it. Everything worked OK, but as always in the US, bring your own kettle.

The bed

A full double king, good mattress, OK sheets (a little aged, but not critically).

Ambient noise

Very low. No permanent fan noise.

Room Tip: You have to take two separate shuttles to get to this from the airport, about 30 minutes in the dayt...
1  Thank Coltbridge
Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Regards,
Sam Calello

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was with the same conference as desmeister, so I will not repeat all of his points.

I found the staff at this hotel to be quite helpful and eager to make my stay enjoyable; they succeeded.

Our company hosted several meals for our customers during this event. The food was quite good, served buffet style. Service was attentive.

I had a refurbished room, which was fairly large, and everything was quite clean.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here twice just for one night at each end of my trek america tour. The lady on ckeck in first time was a little cold but I checked in and found a Huge soft bed waiting for just me which was more amazing the second time after sleeping in a tent for 6 weeks.
Ate in the restaurant and the chicken salad was delicious.
Oh and loved the starbucks in the lobby so I could grab a morning muffin before my free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel b/c it was close to NY, cost, & customer reviews. I'm VERY happy that we stayed here and was VERY impressed!!! As long as the price stays right I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Overall, this is a good place to stay. It is much cheaper than stayin in New York but is only about 30 minutes from the city. However, if you go during commuter time it can take an hour and a half. The rooms were comfortable, but I wish they had two queens instead of two full beds. I did ask for a fridge and was charged a flat rate of $15 for our three night stay which I thought was reasonable. I did order room service one morining and for a fritata and coffee it came to $35.00 which I thought was very expensive. The hotel was noisy at night with people coming in late but I guess being near the airport and NYC that is expected. Overall, the staff was friendly and accomadating.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

A quick night before heading to NYC was excellent! Amanda at the front desk gave a very warm and personal welcome after a long drive. Our room was beautiful and the renovation was well done. The bathroom needed a bit more tlc, but was still okay. Breakfast was delicious, loved the French toast. Everything was excellent and we look forward to returning again soon!

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
2 mi away
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!