“Need to go! - Seafood Platter”
Review of Algarve Restaurant

Algarve Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 251 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: Barbecue, Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Don't be alarmed by the location, restaurant is in the middle of a residental neighborhood, when you enter it is 5-star service but the prices are very reasonable and the food is excellent. I ate here one night and went back the next.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great tasting fish. Just grilled but very nice. Good value for quality and quantity of food. Portuguese beer at reasonable price.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Food ingrediants were below average quality.
My colleague ordered "bacalau."
It arrived with one side black. The owner came to table and said "that was normal" and didn't even offer a replacement, although did not charge us. Spaghetti was served overlooked. Fish was ok, although shrimps were not fresh. The cheesecake was good.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Arrived by 4pm to beat crowds and find parking..Pretty valentines menu were available. Tables had no linens and silver ware in paper nakins with paper place mats. (by 4:30 they started to dress tables for dinner even though menus given @ 4 pm were clealy not lunch menus) The owner asked what we were drinking ...sangria of course :) but I could not get my sangria made without ice (I always find that good sangria gets watered down by ice so on the side is best). Dinner was brought out before my app plates could be removed to make room for dinner plates. My order which i get all the time there (chicken in garlic my favorvite) tasted like gas could only eat one breast. One side dish brought not as ordered. When Waiter asked how were the meals he was told all was yummy except the chicken dish. We never saw him again. We placed desert order with another waiter whom was very nice and check was brought by yet another person. I guess our waiter didnt care enough to come back and say thank you. We only mention politely about the chicken dish because he asked! We still gave a 15% tip when we normally would have left a 20%. I'm not sure when and if we will be back. We went to al grave to enjoy a special dinner. Instead we got treated with poor service all the way around. Time to find a new place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place is cozy, warm and quaint. The employees are friendly and kind. The food is really delicious. it's a good place to take your family and friends. If you try eating there you will sure to return when in the area again.