“Lots and lots of shopping bargains”

The Outlet Collection - Jersey Gardens
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to The Mills at Jersey Gardens, New Jersey's largest outlet and value retail center with over 200 stores all under one roof! The mall is a shopper's paradise anchored by top outlets including Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Century 21, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's and Bed Bath & Beyond. Shop for amazing vales at the best brand outlets including Michael Kors, Coach, True Religion, Nautica, PUMA, Kenneth Cole and Guess. The center also offers the largest Tommy Hilfiger in the US and a 20-screen AMC theaters featuring IMAX. With daily transportation from both the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Newark Liberty International Airport, the center is great day-trip out of the hustle and bustle of New York City and features tax-free shopping on clothes and shoes! Enjoy great dining at Johnny Rockets, Chili's Too and Applebee's.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Used public New Jeresey transport to get there and took the 111 from the port authority bus station stand 222. The ticket machine is located just before the down escalator before the stand at a cost of only $6.50 each way. I was going to go to Woodbury Common but took the cheaper and closer option. Lots of good shops both high end and every day shops. Got my nieces converse and Aeropostale shoes and clothing at excellent VFM prices. I rented a cart for $6 and had many envious looks from other shoppers laiden down with bags, the carts run out very quickly. My good deed for the day was passing the cart on to a lady and her young daughter just before I left at 2pm. I did have to wait about 30 minutes for the bus both there and back but I think that was due to the sales.

3  Thank Katy C

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The mall is very good for an Outlet Mall. If you find yourself with an extended layover at EWR, this mall is certainly worth a look to kill some time.

The stores offered here are your normal outlet mall stores but the prices we found were neither great nor horrible. You can find some great deals but other items were priced about regular price.

If you have an overnight - I suggest you stay at the Country Inn and Suites because this is right across the street from the mall.

3  Thank Don B
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We booked to go to jersey gardens mall with viator - the website states bus pickup in new york 9.30am and returning to new york 6.30pm. When we got the onboard tour bus the driver informed us that she wouldn't be coming back for us until 7.30pm!!!!! I know I can shop but that was stupid

When we arrived the place was massive - but virtually empty - people didn't start coming in until 2pmish - this was brillant for us as we could wander with no crowds. The bargains were amazing - abercrombie & fitch t shirts were half price - went into the coach shop and at the door staff were handing out vouchers for an extra 40% discount!

If you get the bus from the port authority you need to bear in mind that the first bus back to new york is 2pm and they were only running every hour when we were there.

All in all - well worth a visit

1  Thank sheffieldwanderer
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Some shops had extremely cheap stuff. Worth taking a day off... go with patience and take an empty suitcase with you cause you'll be needing it.

Take your foreign ID if you have one, they'll give you a discount book with vouchers.

Only half an hour trip from Port Authority to get there in the morning... but the same trip back took two and a half hours in the evening during rush hours.

3  Thank Cafetin_BsAs
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Why oh Why, when there are the splendours of New York city on your doorstep would you schlep half an hour to a badly lit, down at heel, tat-filled shopping mall in the middle of nowhere? Sorry I just don't get it, and I do realise my view is in the minority here....but I found the day I have just spent at Jersey Gardens utterly depressing. I understand if you live locally it is a money conscious way to budget shop and if I lived locally I'd probably use the facility, but as a tourist I just don't see the point. Yes I got a couple of pairs of cheap Levi's but there were very few decent brands I'd heard of and most of the shops were low quality and cheap. This wasn't a "fun" day out or a good way to enjoy a rainy day - there are better things to do in New York.

1  Thank CattinJ