“Depressing”

The Outlet Collection - Jersey Gardens
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to The Mills at Jersey Gardens, New Jersey's largest outlet and value retail center with over 200 stores all under one roof! The mall is a shopper's paradise anchored by top outlets including Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Century 21, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's and Bed Bath & Beyond. Shop for amazing vales at the best brand outlets including Michael Kors, Coach, True Religion, Nautica, PUMA, Kenneth Cole and Guess. The center also offers the largest Tommy Hilfiger in the US and a 20-screen AMC theaters featuring IMAX. With daily transportation from both the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Newark Liberty International Airport, the center is great day-trip out of the hustle and bustle of New York City and features tax-free shopping on clothes and shoes! Enjoy great dining at Johnny Rockets, Chili's Too and Applebee's.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Why oh Why, when there are the splendours of New York city on your doorstep would you schlep half an hour to a badly lit, down at heel, tat-filled shopping mall in the middle of nowhere? Sorry I just don't get it, and I do realise my view is in the minority here....but I found the day I have just spent at Jersey Gardens utterly depressing. I understand if you live locally it is a money conscious way to budget shop and if I lived locally I'd probably use the facility, but as a tourist I just don't see the point. Yes I got a couple of pairs of cheap Levi's but there were very few decent brands I'd heard of and most of the shops were low quality and cheap. This wasn't a "fun" day out or a good way to enjoy a rainy day - there are better things to do in New York.

1  Thank CattinJ

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We took the 111 bus from the Port Authority bus station - $14 round trip and only about a 20 minute ride - and we couldn't believe how packed the bus was. Clearly a place that the locals shop at and a lot of them were pulling suitcases to fill!! We got some great buys - Wrangler shirts for £6 - and the best thing is, NO TAX!!! Def worth a visit if you are in NY.

3  Thank Mandy1402
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Make your way to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and take bus 111 from stand 222. Use the machines to purchase tickets they are touch screen and pretty easy to use once you start. Buy a return ticket which is about $13. Watch how much you put in as some machines will only give you a max of $6 change so don't put in more than a $20. Also take you passport or photo id as if you live a certain distance away (defo UK) they will give you a book of discount vouchers. If you are planning to spend definitely worth it. We spent all day here. Its a bit like the Trafford Centre in Manchester in layout but much bigger. Worth a visit and to grab some bargains, got some great xmas presents for a fraction of UK cost. We hired a cart for our coats which costs $6 for a must if you are planning on buying lots.

6  Thank 16maria68
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I like the shopping variety at Jersey Gardens, The location cant be beat,much closer then driving down the shore for outlets, only problem is the local Newark/Elizabeth kids use it as a hang out, not shopping just running around causing trouble. But, if you try going on a weekday, its fine

1  Thank mauinokaoi1973
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I hadn't shopped at JG in years, so when I popped in yesterday for a "quick trip to the mall" I was very pleasantly surprised! The mall has started renovations, and looks more modern and upscale. I shopped for hours, and plan to return very soon. I was already in love with the new JG, then I saw signs for COACH!!! They said it will be opening later this month, so I'll be back in a few weeks!!!

5  Thank Brwnsgr1076