Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We just stayed for one night on our way to our cruise vacation. The room was fantastic! It had 2 separate rooms, one with 2 queen beds and another with an additional queen bed. This was perfect for our family as we have 2 older boys who each got their own bed. With the separate room they could stay up late and did not disturb our sleep. The beds were super comfortable. The pool and hot tub were nice. The breakfast was good (great coffee). The staff were excellent with a follow up call to our room to make sure everything was ok and a recommendation for dinner. The outlet mall is right across the road. Overall a great stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us and we value your comments about our staff and bed. We appreciate you for sharing your feedback as we continue to improve conveniences of our Hotel for all of our guests.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. the rooms were spacious and clean and although its in the flight path to Newark airport, I was never aware of or disturbed by any aeroplanes. the pool area was so disinfected that the colour faded from my socks. the staff were friendly and my friend was permitted to have her shopping parcels delivered. we were informed that it was room only but everyone got a free breakfast every morning with a choice of teas, coffees, fruit juices and water, fresh fruit, oatmeal n cooked food. there was a good selection of bread and muffins and also toast and waffle making facilities. I don't usually drink coffee but I thoroughly enjoyed a cup every morning. there was the option to have breakfast in your room if u preferred. there was a small shop with all the essentials and some ready meals as all rooms had microwaves and also tea making facilities. there were information packs in the rooms with all the information you could need and included local take away menus which was handy. the hotel is within walking distance to a massive outlet mall called Jersey Gardens and it takes 2-3 minutes to walk. the shuttle bus from hotel was great. it ran every 30 minutes and was free. I used it every single day of my trip. the female shuttle bus driver was so friendly and helpful and we often had a good laugh. there was a ruby Tuesdays right next door and an I-hop just at the side of Ruby Tuesdays.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share. We appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and shuttle. We hope you'll return in the future to see how we continue to improve our Hotel and hospitality.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I did a Stay and Park with the hotel. It's very close to the airport so it was convenient. We got shuttled to the airport, but since the shuttle only goes every 30 minutes we were late to our flight. Luckily we made it back just in time so we didn't have to wait in the cold to get back. The man at the desk, Eddie was very helpful and answered all of our questions.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kassidy F

We appreciate that you've taken the time to share with us regarding our shuttle. We hope that you will return at a future date to be impressed by the improvements we have made.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here overnight for a quick getaway and had a great time. I was able to shop across the street and then soak in my in room jacuzzi. The staff was friendly and the hotel itself is very clean. IHOP is right next door if you miss the hotel's breakfast. I will definitely be going back for another quick getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mrs_Tjamison
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nice and friendly staff. Nice decor in room and free wifi. Didn't really take advantage of complimentary breakfast but did see there was a decent selection. Free shuttle to and from the airport was excellent and the free parking on site for the duration of our trip was a money saver. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob W
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed for the weekend in mid-November. The room was clean and well appointed with a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The breakfast in the morning was great. A nice mix of things with chicken,gravy and biscuits one morning to French toast and sausage the next. There was a waffle maker available as well as oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, breads, and cereal.

We walked over to the mall/outlet and spent a few hours browsing. Went back late afternoon to the movie theater. There is a food court as well as Applebee's. Closer to the hotel is IHOP and Ruby Tuesdays. Not much to do nearby other than the mall but the hotel is close to the highway.

The two men at the front desk were outstanding. Very helpful and personable.

We did go into NYC, we drove to Journal Square in Jersey City (15-20 minutes from hotel), parked and took PATH train into the city (33rd and broadway). $5.00 fare round trip. Parking $8.00. 15 minute train ride. Easy way to get into city. Looked into taking the free shuttle from hotel to the Newark airport and taking the train into the city from the airport-decided against it as it was $25/roundtrip and would take over an hour.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank abenicig
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed here for a 3 night trip to New York. I was flying into EWR so the free shuttle was handy (Location P4 at the airport) as was the distance to this hotel which is about a 5-10 minute drive. The rating here is difficult - I had to rate it at 3 but 3.5 would be more like my opinion. Not quite a four. There is nothing bad per se about this hotel - the room was clean and the pool/whirlpool was nice. Breakfast the usual suspects of eggs/waffles/cereals/juices etc. I would get the free shuttle to the airport then take the train into Manhattan which cost $25 for a roundtrip. Aprox 25 minutes once onboard.
I got a pretty good price for this hotel but if you add on the $25 for the train to NYC I'm not so sure but staying in Manhattan itself may have been better. I certainly wouldn't have got a pool/breakfast/wifi for the same money in Manhattan but I wouldn't be far off with the cost of the train.
I got a room beside the elevator which was quite noisy but I was so tired from my days in the city it didnt really bother me too much. When EWR uses the south-western facing runway there is noticable aircraft noise but again this didnt bother me too much. Jersey Gardens outlet mall literally over the road - aprox a two mintue walk accross the parking lot. I felt safe enough walking even at night. All the usual stores, food outlets and a AMC cinema which was nice to visit in the evenings. Ruby Tuesday and IHOP resturaunts close by also. Coin operated laundry facilities were handy
I can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel, but nothing which stands out to make it a higher rating. If I was coming to New York again i WOULD consider this hotel again for the price I payed (£75), but certainly not if the price was more. I'd also think about staying in Manhattan or even Staten Island though before making the final choice.

Room Tip: If staying on the second floor take the stairs. Far quicker than the elevator. I had room 217 which...