“Great front desk staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Great front desk staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed for the weekend in mid-November. The room was clean and well appointed with a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The breakfast in the morning was great. A nice mix of things with chicken,gravy and biscuits one morning to French toast and sausage the next. There was a waffle maker available as well as oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, breads, and cereal.

We walked over to the mall/outlet and spent a few hours browsing. Went back late afternoon to the movie theater. There is a food court as well as Applebee's. Closer to the hotel is IHOP and Ruby Tuesdays. Not much to do nearby other than the mall but the hotel is close to the highway.

The two men at the front desk were outstanding. Very helpful and personable.

We did go into NYC, we drove to Journal Square in Jersey City (15-20 minutes from hotel), parked and took PATH train into the city (33rd and broadway). $5.00 fare round trip. Parking $8.00. 15 minute train ride. Easy way to get into city. Looked into taking the free shuttle from hotel to the Newark airport and taking the train into the city from the airport-decided against it as it was $25/roundtrip and would take over an hour.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank abenicig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed here for a 3 night trip to New York. I was flying into EWR so the free shuttle was handy (Location P4 at the airport) as was the distance to this hotel which is about a 5-10 minute drive. The rating here is difficult - I had to rate it at 3 but 3.5 would be more like my opinion. Not quite a four. There is nothing bad per se about this hotel - the room was clean and the pool/whirlpool was nice. Breakfast the usual suspects of eggs/waffles/cereals/juices etc. I would get the free shuttle to the airport then take the train into Manhattan which cost $25 for a roundtrip. Aprox 25 minutes once onboard.
I got a pretty good price for this hotel but if you add on the $25 for the train to NYC I'm not so sure but staying in Manhattan itself may have been better. I certainly wouldn't have got a pool/breakfast/wifi for the same money in Manhattan but I wouldn't be far off with the cost of the train.
I got a room beside the elevator which was quite noisy but I was so tired from my days in the city it didnt really bother me too much. When EWR uses the south-western facing runway there is noticable aircraft noise but again this didnt bother me too much. Jersey Gardens outlet mall literally over the road - aprox a two mintue walk accross the parking lot. I felt safe enough walking even at night. All the usual stores, food outlets and a AMC cinema which was nice to visit in the evenings. Ruby Tuesday and IHOP resturaunts close by also. Coin operated laundry facilities were handy
I can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel, but nothing which stands out to make it a higher rating. If I was coming to New York again i WOULD consider this hotel again for the price I payed (£75), but certainly not if the price was more. I'd also think about staying in Manhattan or even Staten Island though before making the final choice.

Room Tip: If staying on the second floor take the stairs. Far quicker than the elevator. I had room 217 which...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Revatron
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I was a little worried when I first read some of the reviews on here for this hotel, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway, and I'm so glad that I did.
From the moment I caught the free shuttle from EWR to check in, I have been treated really well by the staff at the hotel.
The check in process was quick and the gentleman gave me loads of useful information.
The room - I stayed in room 216 and wow, it was enormous, and just off the lift was easily accessible. The room was very clean and comfortable.
The area - being by myself I was a little scared at first, but I went out to Ruby Tuesdays and IHop which are both next door. I also ventured over to the mall (watch for the lights as the traffic doesnt stop...)
Breakfast - this was sufficient to last the days of wondering round new york. Plenty of choice.

Overall - I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was my second time time staying at this hotel. The hotel shuttle seemed to take longer than usual (certainly more than half an hour) from Newark, but once it did arrive it was a quick trip to the hotel. Check in was quick. The room was clean and well appointed. Free coffee and cookies were appreciated. The breakfast was ordinary, but I did arrive late (around 9 am). There was plenty of food, just not especially well cooked or presented.

There is a Ruby Tuesday and IHOP within walking distance, and, of course, a whole suite of restaurants nearby at Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall (I love that place!) The hotel stored my luggage while I shopped at Jersey Gardens. Overall, the service standards were good and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Checked in on 1st November for a three night stay. Excellent Location !
I have worked in hotels for the last 14 years and know too well that people are quicker to complain than praise , so praise where praise is due. Every member of Hotel staff we encountered were helpful and looked happy in their jobs .

On arrival we were picked up from Newark airport by the comp shuttle bus, we continued to use this shuttle bus every day for trips to collect hire car from airport and to connect to NJ transit into New York. All drivers were fabulous, and it's a great service provided.

Tip for arriving............ head for air train signs to terminal station then station P4 where hotel shuttles pick up .

Noticed on arrival that we seemed to be in the flightpath for take off from Newark , flights take off roughly every minute, but can honestly say that once through the front doors of the hotel you could not hear a single noise from outside. Great soundproofing .

We had booked a twin room with two queen beds, the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in, even my requests for non allergenic bedding were accommodated. Room was very clean, as was the bathroom, huge TV, microwave and fridge provided as well.

Complimentary breakfast was enough to get you started in the morning, cereals, fruit juice, bagels, muffins, porridge, yoghurt, make your own waffles and a choice of three hot items that changed each day. Breakfast room was only busy one morning, but looked as if a coach may be due to depart.

Pool looked lovely although we did not use, as did the gym ( we were power lifting shopping bags so no need to use ! ) small shop next to reception for juices and snacks. Guest computers at reception also great for boarding passes. The complimentary wifi was great good speed and no problems getting connected.

Next door to hotel is Ruby Tuesdays, we had one great meal and one not so great, luck of the draw I guess. I Hop also close by and another option for dining, great breakfast platters.

Purpose of trip was shopping and as hotel is across the parking lot from Jersey Gardens mall, it was a perfect location for us, although we did venture to Staten Island mall and into manhattan.

Would book again , thanks to all the staff x

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank b00zysuzy
Dunmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here with my husband & 2 small children the night before we flew out of the Newark airport. Booked through AAA and got a $159.99 Park & Fly package. An outstanding value for a night in this hotel, which included breakfast...plus we were able to leave our vehicle for the week while we were gone. Wish we had the opportunity to have breakfast (as we heard it was very good)...however we had to leave earlier than it was available the next morning.

Plugged the address into our GPS and had no issues finding the hotel. Upon arrival...the hotel lobby is warm, inviting, & charming. Staff was extremely helpful & friendly. We used the pool and it was very clean and refreshing after a long drive. Also used the laundry facilities (just the dryer)...and ran into a slight issue. But a quick trip downstairs and a staff member immediately followed me upstairs to help remedy the problem. Excellent customer service! Wi-Fi available in room worked well. Fitness Center looked nice, but didn't use. There were computers available for use in the lobby...as well as a small market with snacks available for purchase. They pretty much have everything you could possibly need here!

There is an indoor mall/outlet complex directly across the street...which we didn't get a chance to visit, but would have been very convenient to do some shopping if we had time. There are also 2 restaurants in the adjacent parking lot (IHop & Ruby Tuesdays) which were very convenient to walk to for dinner.

The van service to the airport was on time and very convenient...however, I will recommend that you be curb-side at least 15 minutes early...as it was just a VAN that shuttled us to the airport, and it was full (even at 6 AM). Not sure how many vans they run... so if you have to make your flight, definitely make sure you get there early.

Room, itself, was on the small side for 4 of us (with 2 queen beds)...but clean, nicely decorated, and beds very comfortable. Perfectly adequate. The toiletries they provide are high quality/brand name... which was also a nice touch.

As we drove through some sections of Newark that didn't look the safest... we never felt anything but safe staying at this hotel.

Upon our return flight into the Newark Airport... I called the hotel to ask how to find their shuttle. They instructed me to take the Air Train to the main terminal...and go to location "E4". Their shuttle picks up on the "15" and the "45" of each hour. Couldn't have been easier.

Had a wonderful experience at this Country Inn & Suites... and will absolutely stay here again next time I fly out of Newark. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked a cruise from Cape Liberty NJ. After exploring many hotel & parking options, the $269 Stay, Park & Cruise package was convenient and affordable. Hotel night, breakfast the next morning, parking for the week in a secure parking lot, plus shuttle service to and from the cruise port were all included. There is a Ruby Tuesdays and I-Hop in the same parking lot. Garden City Outlet Mall is directly across the street.

Hotel room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Parking is secure and monitored. Breakfast is the usual hotel fare. The Shuttle to & from the pier made that part of the trip stress free, especially if you are not familiar with the area. Traffic going to and at the port is chaos. Driver was very friendly. We were dropped off and picked up right at the gate.

Hotel Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to assist you. I would recommend this hotel.... and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Lots of cruise passengers. Can get a little crowded at breakfast and waiting for shuttle all trying...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 14 in Elizabeth
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport? Share your experiences!