“Close to Jersey Gardens and Newark airport”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Close to Jersey Gardens and Newark airport”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The price is fair and it is walking distance to the mall, which was important to me since shopping was an important item in my trip. The breakfast was reasonable, including hot waffles. The complimentary shuttle every 30 minutes to the Newark airport was great. I also used it to go no NY. It made me save some money. I was looking for a budget hotel and it was exactly what I was looking for.

Room Tip: there is an indoor pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Wescosville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We usually stayed at another airport hotel before flying , but this one came recommended. Our experience was wonderful. It started before we got there, when we got lost and phoned for help. The desk person stayed on theline until I could find out where we were and gave me great help. We had an early flight so we couldn't use the breakfast, but the shuttle was quick and the driver very helpful. We used the park and fly option so when we returned, we needed the shuttle back. They came quickly and let us off at the car despite it being after 2AM and raining. The night desk folks gave us great directions to the Interstate and was very, very cordial and helpful.

Room Tip: Hotel has a plan wheer you can stay one night and park 14 days.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tank1050
BD3856
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The airport shuttle was waiting at the airport pick-up when we arrived at Newark airport.
Check-in was quick and pleasant. Our room was great. Seventh floor as requested.
You could easily see the airport from our hotel window and we were quite concerned that we'd hear airplanes taking off and landing all night long. But we didn't. Somehow, this airport hotel has insulated itself from the noise of the airport. Good job!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BD3856
Kildare
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after arriving into Newark and before departing on a cruise from Bayonne.

The shuttle bus from the airport arrived when expected and didn't take long to get to the hotel. Check in was fine, the person dealing with us was only being trained in and wasn't 100% sure what he was doing but he was being closely supervised so it wasn't a problem.

We were able to book our transfer to the port for the next morning which was considerably cheaper than a car service.

The rooms while basic were clean and spacious and we got a good nights sleep

Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP & Jersey Gardens mall are within a 5 minute walk.

Overall a basic, clean, reasonably-priced hotel

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Stella2222
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in May. Everything was great! It was clean, had free internet access in the lobby (and free Wi-Fi) and free coffee and tea. The best thing was the ease and price to get to NYC. You just walk to the Jersey Gardens mall and catch the New Jersey Transit 115 bus for $6.50 each way. It doesn't come too often so you have to check the schedule but it is SO convenient. It takes you right to the Port Authority and right there is Times Square. Tip: Buy your return ticket when you're on your way to NYC because you must have the ticket already in-hand when you take the return trip. You can purchase it at the Port Authority but it takes time to find the machine and the proper gate to catch the bus and you don't want to risk missing it.
We are actually staying at this hotel again in September, highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank razzledani
Naples, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. My first impression was the friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. Our room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. My husband even looked at the bottom side of the bath mat in the tub and it was spotless. Water pressure was good and the shower head was actually clean and worked properly. Beds and pillows were comfortable and fresh smelling. Actually the thing that impressed me the most was the fresh clean smell throughout the entire hotel. The airport shuttle that runs every half an hour makes this place a winner all the way around. I would not only recommend staying there but the next time that I am in Newark, it is where I plan to stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoniBradley
Odessa, TX, USA
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights to complete some corporate training, and found it to be very comfortable and well-staffed. It was after the training that I was stranded at the Newark airport on the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. All departing flights were cancelled and I was stuck in Newark with no hope of getting a flight for the next 2 days. I tried to reserve a room at other nearby hotels, but was told--quite rudely nearly every time--that if I thought there were any vacancies in the area around NYC I was 'crazy.

I called the Country Inn and Suites and they were super nice, actually seemed to care about my situation, and assured me "We are on our way to pick you up; we will be there in 15 minutes." It made a world of difference to me to hear a sympathetic voice at 1 in the morning.

My luggage had already flown home without me--but Soriah at the front desk got me set up with the essentials.

I think these folks are very kind, and I will definitely stay with them again if in the area.

The prices are very good especially for the NYC area. I saw lots of tour groups who were staying there and so I'm sure they are frequently completely booked up.

For my two cents worth this is a very good place to stay; clean, reasonably priced, safe, and located next door to two good restaurants, Ruby Tuesday's and IHOP. But it's the kindness of the employees I'll remember for quite a while.

Thank you, Country Inn and Suites at Newark Airport!

Room Tip: I do want to add that because it is so close to the airport, there is noise from departing/arriving...
Green Features: If you are a guest for more than 3 days they ask you to consider skipping a change of sheets to save water and other resources.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Martha K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 13 in Elizabeth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport? Share your experiences!