Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$161
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
$70
1,370 results
All reviewsjersey gardens malloutlet mallfree cookiesruby tuesdaysnew yorkbreakfast roomcruise portwalking distancemake your own wafflesshuttle servicecape libertyother hotelsfront desk stafflarge mallfood courtyogurtfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights to complete some corporate training, and found it to be very comfortable and well-staffed. It was after the training that I was stranded at the Newark airport on the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. All departing flights were cancelled and I was stuck in Newark with no hope of getting a flight for the next 2 days. I tried to reserve a room at other nearby hotels, but was told--quite rudely nearly every time--that if I thought there were any vacancies in the area around NYC I was 'crazy.

I called the Country Inn and Suites and they were super nice, actually seemed to care about my situation, and assured me "We are on our way to pick you up; we will be there in 15 minutes." It made a world of difference to me to hear a sympathetic voice at 1 in the morning.

My luggage had already flown home without me--but Soriah at the front desk got me set up with the essentials.

I think these folks are very kind, and I will definitely stay with them again if in the area.

The prices are very good especially for the NYC area. I saw lots of tour groups who were staying there and so I'm sure they are frequently completely booked up.

For my two cents worth this is a very good place to stay; clean, reasonably priced, safe, and located next door to two good restaurants, Ruby Tuesday's and IHOP. But it's the kindness of the employees I'll remember for quite a while.

Thank you, Country Inn and Suites at Newark Airport!

Room Tip: I do want to add that because it is so close to the airport, there is noise from departing/arriving flights. But that did not cause me any loss of sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Martha K
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here before taking a cruise. The room was very nice and clean and had nice features like a mini fridge and microwave. The desk attendant, Joe, upgraded us to a jacuzzi room. We walked across the street to a large mall and then came back and ate dinner at the Ruby Tuesdays next door. Today we will take the shuttle to our cruise ship and our car will stay parked here for the week. In short, it fit the bill perfectly for what we needed. It is safe, clean and convenient. We wouldn't hesitate to come here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jgaltravler
Reviewed May 25, 2013

It meets the "Three C's", Clean, Comfortable and Convenient. The room was larger than average and had a very spacious bathroom. All areas were clean and it is a very direct and straightforward 10 minutes from the terminals. There are two restaurants within easy walking distance and Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall is only a short walk.

All in all, it is a top choice choice among the several hotel/motels that I've stayed at prior to leaving from EWR. Most others are in the middle of nowhere. I especially liked the option of using points to discount the room rate. Let's face it, it isn't the Ritz, but for the night before a flight, it does everything it is supposed to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NJTravelBoy
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I use this hotel every time we fly home to Jersey. It's very convenient to the highway, airport, mall, etc. Great value and clean rooms. Nothing too fancy and for the price, you can't complain. This obviously isn't a 5 star hotel with fancy amenities but if your looking for convenience, clean and great value this hotel is impossible to beat.

Room Tip: The odd number levels have vending machines.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hozay09
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our price and amenities . We hope to see you again and that you'll truly be impressed with our continued improvements.We hope you'll return someday to see how we are continuously taking our constructive feedback seriously to better serve our guests.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

On check in the guy on the front desk was very friendly , didn't get his name . Found our way to our room ok on first impression it was big spacious and looked clean however ,I started to notice a lot of long dark hairs around the bed clothes & bathroom . It really could of done with a belt of a Hoover . Very little noise from airport near by ......
Breakfast was typical American , doesn't cater for European travellers really although there was tea.
We decided to take a swim in the pool @ 9 am ,to my horror it was manky you could see the scum floating on the top ...... So we left immediately . Across the street is the outlet centre jersey gardens . If you take the FREE shuttle back to airport take the NJ transit to penn station manhattan in 20 mins . The shuttle bus driver wasn't very nice to us .handed him a tip and he still wasn't happy ?????

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindymac1
Carlson Hotels C, Corporate at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your room and the pool. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms and pool area are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We have also taken note of your comments regarding our breakfast options. If your travels ever bring you back to our area, we hope you might give us another chance to serve you!