“Convenient to Airport!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Convenient to Airport!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked this hotel on hotwire when I got stranded at the Newark airport. There is an airport shuttle that picks up every half hour from Airtrain stop P4. The shuttle also returns to the airport from the hotel every half hour.

The hotel was clean and the room was spacious. Included a fridge and microwave. The halls were quiet when I stayed on Sunday night. Free WIFI in the room with a strong signal and no connection issues or passwords.

There is also free breakfast, which is just OK. Fake eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, cereal, coffee, and juices.

Overall I am very happy with my stay. The front desk staff and shuttle drivers were super friendly and the room and amenities were as expected.

Room Tip: Booked on hotwire and saved about $50.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Liz T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The only positive is that it is near to the airport. It needs updating. The furniture and carpets are dull and stained. The shower in my room was broken. It was fixed when I informed the reception but this is poor service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank paulc1965
JamieL10, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Welcome, We apologize for the experience you had at our property in regards to the room condition but we appreciate the feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to turn this experience around and visit us in the future! Regardless, thank you for staying with us
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed here twice. It's a great hotel - close to the airport and Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. The staff is great - friendly and efficient. You can leave your car here for up to 2 weeks. The price per night includes the parking! A van (shuttle) takes you to the airport. Our only complaint was that the shuttle doesn't seem to run as often as shuttles from other hotels. We had to wait quite awhile for our shuttle both times.

Room Tip: The staff will give you a good room - especially if they know you need to wake up early.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pataskala, Ohio
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our plane was delayed and we missed our connection flight. This was about the only place that we could find a room available for the night. I didn't know anything about it, but we were happy with the choice. The free shuttle back and forth to the airport was very efficient. (It only took about 10 minutes to get there.) The room was clean. For the price, it was nothing terribly special... but it was fine. (In a normal circumstance, I would not have paid that much.) I liked the shampoo (Pantene) and soaps were unique. It was appreciated as we didn't have any items with us. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful.
The free breakfast in the morning was impressive. It had a variety of hot items like waffles, sausage, oatmeal, etc. They also had cereal, bagels, donuts, and fruit. It was definitely a hardy breakfast.
There is a IHOP and a Ruby Tuesday that sets right in front of the hotel. This is good if you need a meal other than breakfast.
The room did have a refrigerator and microwave. We were not there long enough to need those amenities.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Monroe Twp, NJ
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and sister were traveling on an early morning flight out of Newark and decided to stay overnight instead of having to make the hour drive in rush hour traffic. In order to accomodate myself, husband, two children and my sister I had to upgrade my room to a suite for $20. Because I was parking my car for 11 days I was advised by the hotel to book my room on stay123.com becuase they had a contract rate. So my original $125 rate went to $145, still not bad. Regarding the hotel itself, it can use an upgrade. There is a very small sitting area across from the check-in desk not big enough to accomodate more than one family with luggage. The pool is decent however the smell of the chlorine was so strong I had to keep a towel over my face to block the smell. It was so bad my kids only swam for 10 minutes. Our suite also had an intense chlorine odor that hit you in the face as soon as you walked in the room. The room in general was clean as well as the bathroom, however the pull out sofa bed was horrible. The mattress was paper thin and the support structure inadequate. If you attempted to sleep on it your head and feet would be on the floor while your stomach would be supported..picture an upside "U". The breakfast buffet area was standard to size however the food items were limited. They offered cereal, toast, yogurt and hot selections: sausage, pancakes/waffles and oatmeal but no eggs or bacon. There is a Ruby Tuesday's and IHOP within walking distance. Lastly the hotel is situated across from Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall which is easy to get to from the NJ Turnpike exit 13A following the Jersey Gardens Blvd sign immediately past the toll booth on the right. Do not use GPS to get there since my husband who is "directionally challenged" without a GPS could not get there easily with one. Overall, it's a reasonable place to stay before a flight if you are not expecting anything out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from pool area.
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We ended our membership with the Intercontinental Hotel Group (Holiday inn, Crowne Plaza) due to very bad customer service. It was refreshing to experience friendly customer service at this property and as new members of Club Carlson ( Radisson, Country Inn & Suites). The carpet could be cleaner but overall the property is very clean. Look for a clean cut young man at the front desk ( I forgot his name). He was not only nice and helpful but extremely well mannered.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've always used this hotel every time I go to NY and that's been a good 6 times this year and always consistent. They are always consistent in regards to the cleanliness, customer service and value. They have so many ammenities included in the rooms. I always receive excellent customer service. What else can I ask for? They do a good job taking care of my needs which are clean and quiet room. The location is always helpful and so as the wi-fi. I always enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport? Share your experiences!