“Great Hotel....Great Price....Great Location”

Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is located just across a shopping center..NJ Gardens and you do not have to starve as there is an IHOP for breakfast and Ruby Tuesday...walk to the shopping garden and you have a food court. Although the rooms are small,they are clean and organize. The people at the counter have a welcoming attitude. The complex where it is located is very conducive for walking or even jogging

Room Tip: 3rd floor near elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eggwinner
Gabriel K, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay on Trip Advisor. Our location is truly one of our biggest amenities which has huge advantages being able to shop, dine or drive into New York City within minutes. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for a night prior to cruising out of Cape Liberty. The hotel was very nice and very clean. Also there was secured parking. Our room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and there was a nice TV in the room. There is also a outlet shopping center really close. We ate at a IHOP which was close enough for us to walk to. The indoor pool appeared to be nice. However, we did not have a chance to use it. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will personally stay there again the next time we sail out of Cape Liberty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction and customer care are amongst our highest priorities so thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will certainly share this with members of my team as we aim to provide a truly memorable stay for all of our Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth guests. We do hope to welcome you back to Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth in the near future so that we may show you a more perfect hotel experience.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We used this hotel for a pre-cruise night. Good size room, clean, bath and toilet separated from sink which is convenient. Large King bed very comfortable.
Conveniently situated near highway 95 and 78 and close to Neward Airport and Cape Liberty in Bayonne. Across the street from Jersey Gardens Outlett mall. We ate at Ruby Tuesday across the street for diner. Breakfast was included in our fare, at the hotel, and we had the choice of any hot items or two cold ones from their Café Bistro. It was plentiful and good. Starbucks coffee is served.

The hotel has a nice indoor pool, and a gym.

Parking is not included in hotel fare. $15 a day.

A shuttle to airport and port is available but we did not use either.

I would definitely go back there for a one-nighter, but not for longer as there's really not much in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Gabriel K, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction and customer care are amongst our highest priorities so thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our location is one of our best amenity being only 15 minutes from Cape Liberty Port. We do have some great offers that do include one night accommodations and parking such as our Park and Cruise rate or you can choose to pay on a daily basis for parking at $11.

I will certainly share this positive feedback with members of my team as we aim to provide a truly memorable stay for all of our Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth guests. We do hope to welcome you back to Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed there for 1 night on our way back from Niagara Falls to fly out from JFK. As we arrived, front desk was ok. When I went to open my room (after a 9 hour drive from Canada) the key didn't work. I went downstairs (room was on the 3rd floor) And they reactivated the card, went up and it still didn't work. (I still had all my luggage) I had to go down to front desk 4 times when I finally asked them to have someone come with me! It was at least 15 minutes before I could finally get into my room!!! Very bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking time to review your experience, as you can understand things, particularly mechanical; do not always work the way they should.
However our team could have taken care of this simple issue the first time, as you will see from the many great reviews we receive through this wonderful forum; we have a very hard working team making a positive difference in travelers experience every single day.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly if business or pleasure brings you back to the area and I will personally ensure a memorable stay for all the right reasons. Happy traveling.....

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I liked the Courtyard in Elizabeth, New Jersey mostly for the great outlet mall directly across the street. I did get a great night's sleep, the staff was friendly, and there was also food nearby. The desk clerk was able to direct me to the Concierge Desk at the mall for a coupon book which saved me even more on my purchases.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jjb415
Gabriel K, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted you enjoyed your Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth experience. We are an approved hotel in the area to provide the Jersey Gardens Oultet Mall Coupon book to all our guest!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here after having had a flight cancellation. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. There is a very good cafe for light meals or good breakfast selections Good shuttle to and from airport. The beds were very comfortable. Look out for taxes and fees which amounted to around $40.00 for us.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. We were on the 3rd floor with (2) queen beds. The room as also handicap friendl...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabriel K, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted you enjoyed your Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth experience. The Bistro Café is an a la carte breakfast option with fresh made items. Taxes are controlled by the state/city for our hotel. Elizabeth is a urban free tax zone so for Marriott to operate in the city it has some higher taxes than other cities.
Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to make service operation impacts! We look forward to welcoming you back to Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth for business or pleasure.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Let me say this first - the hotel is clean, well laid out, staff are friendly and it's everything you would want a short stay visit to be. I didn't have much luck during my 3-night stay, as the first morning I woke up to workers on the roof making a lot of noise before 7:00am with what seemed like they were dropping cars on the roof! The next day we had to evacuate the hotel while 7 fire response vehicles showed up to investigate. I couldn't understand why the staff didn't address the crowd of cold people waiting to go back inside and it seemed to be everyone doing their own thing! Not once did anybody come outside and say that it was OK to return to our rooms. I had 2 small children in night dresses getting cold.

Room Tip: Not much to look at, just as well to let the kids watch the airplanes at the airport.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay on Trip Advisor. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction of the noise and fire alarm during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry for your experience. I will be sure to follow up with our management team so that we may look further into these matters. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we hope to welcome you back.