“Really enjoy this hotel”

Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Toronto
“Really enjoy this hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

As far as airport hotels go, this one's pretty good. The rooms are always clean, and relatively quiet (again, staying by an airport, you can only hope for so much!) The beds are comfortable, and free WiFi is accessible throughout the hotel.
Staff is very friendly, especially those who work at The Bistro (the little cafe in the lobby that serves salads, sandwiches, flatbreads, etc).
If you're here for a longer stay, there's a small mall a short walk away, as well as an IHOP and a Ruby Tuesday's. I stay here often so the one complaint I have is this: I wish the shuttle to/from the airport was a little more frequent than every half hour (perhaps every 15-20 minutes?) as sometimes, I just miss the shuttle and it's a long wait.
I'd recommend this hotel especially to those who might be in town for a night between flights, it's an excellent stay overall :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardElizabeth, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Newark Elizabeth, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank You for your feedback and we very much appreciate the time you've taken to write these comments. It is a humbling experience to see whats working and what needs to be worked on through the eyes of a seasoned traveler. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at this property in March 2012. Check in process was smooth and staff very friendly. Rooms very nice and comfortable. There is a little airplane noise but that's to be expected with the location. Location accross from Jersey Gardens Mall is good. Airport Shuttle great and on time. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Midwest
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed here two nights and had no hot water either morning. When we inquired, we were told each time that they were "working on it" and that it was the boiler. There was no comp or even a "sorry for the inconvenience".

Overall the hotel property is decent, but our experience was disappointing.

1 Thank midwestsuzanne
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed here one night for business. The staff at check-in were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and the bed very comfortable. There is free WiFi throughout the hotel. The only negative thing I can say is that in my room at least I could hear quite a bit of noise from the airport, this wasn't an issue for me as I use ear plugs, but I could see it being a concern for some. But overall, a wonderful stay, would definitely stay here again.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the 9th of December 2011. This hotel has an excellent location if your final destination requires a stop in New York. It is located very close to Newark airport and within walking distance to the Jersey Gardens Outlet. The rooms are clean and good sized. But let´s be honest, the only reason we chose this hotel was to be able to visit the outlet and besides they offer a free shuttle to the airport. There was only one big problem. We had an early trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico the morning after and we requested a wakeup call but we never got one. We were incredibly lucky cause I woke up 1 hour and 20 minutes before our flight, we didn´t even have a chance to shower. The reception said that they were sorry but their wakeup system was out of order. I wonder if they had paid our flight if we had lost it. Will I ever stay again at this hotel one more time? No thanks.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stay in Elizabeth periodically for work at the Newark Airport.

The hotel itself is pretty standard for a Courtyard by Marriott. Free WiFi, small fitness room, clean comfortable rooms. The staff here is always friendly and helpful.

Dining options within walking distance of the hotel are severely limited. The fitness room is fairly basic but functional. Airplane traffic coming and going at Newark airport can be heard in the rooms, but I didn't find it so loud that I couldn't sleep through it.

Probably the biggest downer about this hotel is the reduced frequency of the hotel shuttle. It comes only once every 30 minutes, and you need to take a train from the airport terminal to catch it. I think compared to other hotels in airport areas this is about the lowest frequency you ever see, and if the timing of the train to the shuttle doesn't work out exactly right you can be looking at a very long travel time to get to the hotel after you pick up your baggage.

Proximity to Jersey Gardens mall is great for shoppers.

Overall I don't mind staying at this hotel, but I don't really look forward to it either.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had not stayed at this Courtyard property in many years.
My son and I booked an room for overnight. I was
very surprised how beautifully this Courtyard has been
updated and rooms decorated. Our room was very
nice, beds comfortable. Colors in the hotel are alive
and upbeat. The staff was courteous and pleasant.
There are still computers in the lobby to use. The hotel has free wifi
which is a big plus. Everything about the hotel and staff says we want you
to enjoy your stay. Oh yes, there is a new I Hop within walking distance
and of course the Jersey Outlet Mall is across the street. I will definitely stay here when I am in the Newark airport area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveling_Lady_2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport
Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#4 of 14 in Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott

Been to Courtyard Newark Elizabeth? Share your experiences!