Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My Family and I stayed at the hotel for three days and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was extremely friendly and they provide us with a courtesy van to go to the mall and shops nearby.
My special recognition for the General Manager, Atul, for his courtesy at every moment
Ana Corbi

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mamia
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. It's great to hear that we were able to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. I am so glad that the service our staff provided and our hotel's location made your stay even better.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

1. Staffs said shuttle service is available to & from airport from 7 am to 11 pm. We were continuously calling the hotel from 10.30 pm & no one picked up. Finally someone picked up at 11.02 pm & said that shuttle service is closed & cannot be provided for pick up from airport. We would have taken another alternative & not waste our time & money to get to the airport for shuttle to arrive :(
2. We were so tired & went to the room & the Key did not work. The front office staff did not even know the issue & asked us to wait till the tech came. It was just that the key had to be re-programmed. We wasted 30 mins or so outside just coz of his lack of knowledge. Provided, again the key did not work the next day. Staff just said "it happens to everyone here as it is end of the year". If it happens once, its understandable. repetition of same issue the next day is not good
3. Staffs just said "talk/ complain to the manager". We wanted to raise our concerns & issues to the manager now - who was not available anytime (day or night). Provided we were told that manager was not available for the next 2 days. I can't imagine a hotel where customers cannot even get to the manager for help or concerns - pathetic service in this hotel. We asked some staffs for recommendations to a nearby bar or restaurant for which everyone said they don't know and asked us to google for information. We would only ask the staffs when we wanted to know about the area if its safe or some local info which google cannot provide always. Staffs don't even understand this :(

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank G K
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights as a couple. When we arrived the staff were really helpful and we were given wifi in our room free of charge.

Our room was very spacious, with a small kitchen and basic utensils. We had a bath/shower which was lovely and everything was really clean.

We stayed there to shop at the jersey gardens which was just over the road. Two restaurants over the road also- ruby Tuesdays did great food at a brilliant price!

Laundry services were really easy to use.

Only downside was that it was winter and we only had a thin blanket- no duvet. There is a heater in the room but it's a bit noisy. There also isn't a grocery store nearby so if you want to stock up your kitchen and cook your own meals you have to drive 10 minutes to one.

Overall we were really impressed and we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Tottyn
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed for four days and me and my boyfriend had no complaints. Room is spacious, comfy, clean, free wifi, free mini breakfast(not Ihop but thats around the corner anyways), and right across the street from a huge mall. We often walked to the mall to eat, get drinks at the applebees in there and catch a movie. Only minor problem is that the shuttle takes a while to come at the airport. Hotel isn't the Hilton but it is nice and worth the $. Will stay again if in the NY/NJ area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank millit92
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the shuttle took a little longer than expected to pick you up from the airport. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable, spacious and clean room. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Near the turnpike and close to Newark Airport, Ikea and a few restaurants.
Having driven from the South, we used this as a base to drive to Staten Island Ferry and our next day to drive to JFK airport.
This is part of a group of 4+ hotels in the area and typical of the 5 Extended Stay's we used elsewhere on our road-trip. Clean, big rooms with full eating facilities in each room so you don't need to eat-out unless you want to.
We had an end of corridor room which had windows on two walls which was very nice to have.
Free WiFi, reasonable grab-and-go breakfast all worked well for me - I agree that the elevator is SLOW :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that the elevator was not working properly during your stay; however, please know, we have addressed and resolved the issue. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide your with a clean, comfortable room that met your needs.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Location convenient to the airport with the shuttle. A mall is across and very convenient for choices.
Restaurants are two minutes away. Connectivity is excellent as there are shuttles of the hotel and the mall.
Nice clean place with excellent staff and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that we were able to meet your expectation and provide you with a clean and comfortable "home away from home" experience. Also, I am pleased to hear that our location was ideal and convenient for your stay.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travel a lot and stay in many different hotels. I wont stay here again. Room smelled like sweaty balls upon arrival. Showerhead leaked and sprayed everywhere. Fridge was LOUD. Could hear everything in the hallway and the surrounding rooms. Slowest elevator ever; doors opening/closing, travel time, wait time. Coffee pot, but no coffee in the room. No luggage stand in the room. Front desk was sleeping in the back room at check out time. I had to ask for a receipt because he was just staring at me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Madevine92

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations and not provide you with the "home away from home" experience we strive for our guests . Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed all the issues your brought to our attention with our staff members to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will have out maintenance staff check both the shower head and the refrigerator. Our housekeeping staff will be more diligent in diffusing any odors in the room during cleaning. I apologize that there was not coffee in your room, however; coffee can be requested at the front desk for all guest.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ewk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 14 in Elizabeth
Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!