“No complaints here”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Arlington, Texas
“No complaints here”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed for four days and me and my boyfriend had no complaints. Room is spacious, comfy, clean, free wifi, free mini breakfast(not Ihop but thats around the corner anyways), and right across the street from a huge mall. We often walked to the mall to eat, get drinks at the applebees in there and catch a movie. Only minor problem is that the shuttle takes a while to come at the airport. Hotel isn't the Hilton but it is nice and worth the $. Will stay again if in the NY/NJ area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank millit92
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the shuttle took a little longer than expected to pick you up from the airport. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable, spacious and clean room. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Catalonia, Spain
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Near the turnpike and close to Newark Airport, Ikea and a few restaurants.
Having driven from the South, we used this as a base to drive to Staten Island Ferry and our next day to drive to JFK airport.
This is part of a group of 4+ hotels in the area and typical of the 5 Extended Stay's we used elsewhere on our road-trip. Clean, big rooms with full eating facilities in each room so you don't need to eat-out unless you want to.
We had an end of corridor room which had windows on two walls which was very nice to have.
Free WiFi, reasonable grab-and-go breakfast all worked well for me - I agree that the elevator is SLOW :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that the elevator was not working properly during your stay; however, please know, we have addressed and resolved the issue. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide your with a clean, comfortable room that met your needs.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Location convenient to the airport with the shuttle. A mall is across and very convenient for choices.
Restaurants are two minutes away. Connectivity is excellent as there are shuttles of the hotel and the mall.
Nice clean place with excellent staff and spacious rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that we were able to meet your expectation and provide you with a clean and comfortable "home away from home" experience. Also, I am pleased to hear that our location was ideal and convenient for your stay.

Middletown, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travel a lot and stay in many different hotels. I wont stay here again. Room smelled like sweaty balls upon arrival. Showerhead leaked and sprayed everywhere. Fridge was LOUD. Could hear everything in the hallway and the surrounding rooms. Slowest elevator ever; doors opening/closing, travel time, wait time. Coffee pot, but no coffee in the room. No luggage stand in the room. Front desk was sleeping in the back room at check out time. I had to ask for a receipt because he was just staring at me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Madevine92
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations and not provide you with the "home away from home" experience we strive for our guests . Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed all the issues your brought to our attention with our staff members to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will have out maintenance staff check both the shower head and the refrigerator. Our housekeeping staff will be more diligent in diffusing any odors in the room during cleaning. I apologize that there was not coffee in your room, however; coffee can be requested at the front desk for all guest.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ewk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night for some outlet shopping with my family. It is a 5mins walk to the outlet mall, though driving there is much easier.

Staffing (1 at counter, doing everything else as well) and breakfast (just simple muffin/apple with coffee to go) is basic. That is probably why they cost the least compared to its neighbouring accomodation. Free Wifi is really good though.

Room is big. Comes with kitchen and bathtub.

They had also helped to receive my package prior to my arrival, and had proactively left it in my room. Really nice.

But the check in is ok. Not so helpful. Replies to email is slow (it takes week to respond).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that our location and free WiFi were an added value to your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies that there were delays in responding to your emails and issues at check in. We are working with staff to be more effective and timely in meeting guest needs. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to make your stay comfortable and easy.

Denmark
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for three weeks on business. I would not recommend this location for visitors staying for longer visits with out a car. Location is so far out it takes more than a hour to get from the Hotel to Manhattan. Also the hotel shuttle doesn't drive from the airport after 11pm and start before 7am. The room was okay for what I needed there was a small kitchen with just enough for making basic food. But the suppliences in the room was below average. Cleaning was average. When I got there the one chair had a big stain and it was still there when I left. The cooker hood hadn't been cleaned for a while because it smelled awful every time you turned it on.
The coffee machine was cleaned because filter from the previous guest was still in when I got there. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you need your beauty sleep bring ear plugs because the airport is in the back yard.
So overall a average as expected.

Room Tip: Note that it cost $18 for a round trip from Newark airport to either Manhattan or Newark Penn statio...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards our Staff are much appreciated yet, I was disheartened to read we did not meet your expectations when it comes to cleanliness of the room . Your comments were reviewed by the staff and taken very seriously . we will make sure your experience is not repeated by inspecting the cleanliness of rooms prior to guest check-in. Still, I am pleased to hear that our staff provided courteous service during your stay.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ewk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent staff and service. Though my reservation was screwed up by priceline.com, the staff at this hotel resolved by helping very patiently and also offered snacks while waiting because I was damn hungry. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for exceeding your expectations. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 14 in Elizabeth
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!