Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travel a lot and stay in many different hotels. I wont stay here again. Room smelled like sweaty balls upon arrival. Showerhead leaked and sprayed everywhere. Fridge was LOUD. Could hear everything in the hallway and the surrounding rooms. Slowest elevator ever; doors opening/closing, travel time, wait time. Coffee pot, but no coffee in the room. No luggage stand in the room. Front desk was sleeping in the back room at check out time. I had to ask for a receipt because he was just staring at me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Madevine92
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations and not provide you with the "home away from home" experience we strive for our guests . Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed all the issues your brought to our attention with our staff members to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will have out maintenance staff check both the shower head and the refrigerator. Our housekeeping staff will be more diligent in diffusing any odors in the room during cleaning. I apologize that there was not coffee in your room, however; coffee can be requested at the front desk for all guest.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ewk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night for some outlet shopping with my family. It is a 5mins walk to the outlet mall, though driving there is much easier.

Staffing (1 at counter, doing everything else as well) and breakfast (just simple muffin/apple with coffee to go) is basic. That is probably why they cost the least compared to its neighbouring accomodation. Free Wifi is really good though.

Room is big. Comes with kitchen and bathtub.

They had also helped to receive my package prior to my arrival, and had proactively left it in my room. Really nice.

But the check in is ok. Not so helpful. Replies to email is slow (it takes week to respond).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that our location and free WiFi were an added value to your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies that there were delays in responding to your emails and issues at check in. We are working with staff to be more effective and timely in meeting guest needs. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to make your stay comfortable and easy.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for three weeks on business. I would not recommend this location for visitors staying for longer visits with out a car. Location is so far out it takes more than a hour to get from the Hotel to Manhattan. Also the hotel shuttle doesn't drive from the airport after 11pm and start before 7am. The room was okay for what I needed there was a small kitchen with just enough for making basic food. But the suppliences in the room was below average. Cleaning was average. When I got there the one chair had a big stain and it was still there when I left. The cooker hood hadn't been cleaned for a while because it smelled awful every time you turned it on.
The coffee machine was cleaned because filter from the previous guest was still in when I got there. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you need your beauty sleep bring ear plugs because the airport is in the back yard.
So overall a average as expected.

Room Tip: Note that it cost $18 for a round trip from Newark airport to either Manhattan or Newark Penn statio...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards our Staff are much appreciated yet, I was disheartened to read we did not meet your expectations when it comes to cleanliness of the room . Your comments were reviewed by the staff and taken very seriously . we will make sure your experience is not repeated by inspecting the cleanliness of rooms prior to guest check-in. Still, I am pleased to hear that our staff provided courteous service during your stay.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ewk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent staff and service. Though my reservation was screwed up by priceline.com, the staff at this hotel resolved by helping very patiently and also offered snacks while waiting because I was damn hungry. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for exceeding your expectations. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay around the airport for the night. We booked the hotel by the internet expecting for an average room (referring to a 2 stars hotel...) the room has everything you need, bed is comfy, equipped kitchen, free wifi, super clean. It was above and beyond if what we expected.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. I am happy to know that you found your guest room clean and comfortable. Also, I am pleased to hear that you found our free WiFi to be an added bonus.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I travelled with my 15 year old son for a weekend getaway. This hotel was just average to me. I was quoted a cheaper price over the phone and when I arrived it was higher than expected. I did appreciate the wifi service in the room but I didn't like the fact that there was no iron in the room

• Stayed: October 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our Wi-Fi Service however, we apologize that there was no Iron in the room and if there was any miscommunication on our part regarding your room rate. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room is nice. There is a nice parking area free of charge. The hotel offers free WiFi.Only problem so far are the ants. They always come out when I cook something, but other than that my stay not bad at all so far. Still currently here as of now

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel, however we apologize that you had to encounter the inconvenience due to ants in the room. I can assure you this is an isolated incident and will be addressed right away .

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ewk@extendedstay.com or you are welcome to stop by at the front desk anytime .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 13 in Elizabeth
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!