“Clean, Convenient, Courteous and Service with a "Smile"”

Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am in the U.S. Army and my Mother is in Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, NJ battling Heart Disease. My suite each time that I have stayed has been very clean, free parking and convenient. I would like to recognize Ms. Shavone (Hotel Staff Employee). Ms. Shavone was very courteous, professional and gave me service with a "Big Smile". I had to call her a couple of times to find out information and she was always patient, polite and professional. Ms. Shavone assisted me with information on the area and accomodations. Her expertise, knowledge and professionalism is truly a valuable asset to the Extended Stay America Corporation and to the public. SFC Lori A. Anderson-Doby, U.S. Army

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had a great stay, and happy to know that Shavone went above and beyond your expextations . Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area, and we wish your mother the very best in her recovery.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was my first stay at this location and was 5 minutes from the airport, across from Jersey Garden Mall, walking distance to IHOP and Ruby Tuesday's. The room was clean and modern the facility was spartan but for easy access, free parking, pullman kitchen and reasonable rate it met all my requirements. Only suggestion have more than one coffee insert and provide conditioner inthe bathroom. Potential negative the hotel is located in the flight path of the airport. There is good sound insulation but some might be annoyed. free WIFI and parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sib715
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. I am happy to read that our location, parking, kitchen and rate were so convenient for you, and that you found your room to be so clean and modern. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked this to have somewhere to stay close to the airport before an early morning flight. The plus was the property is within walking distance of Jersey Garden Mall. The staff was very helpful in arranging a taxi for the early morning drive to the airport and the shuttle provided a ride to the mall in spite of it being so close. There is no maid service unless you are there for a week but extra linens were available at the front office if required. I would recommend for persons who need to be close to the airport and are interested in doing some shopping at the Outlet Collection also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel was so convenient for you Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I travel almost every week for business and have stayed in bad, acceptable and great hotels. I was hesitate to book this hotel at such a low rate (too good to be true) but I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and nice, but what really made it for me was how I was treated. The office staff was excellent - both Ahmed and Faiza deserve a raise. I had a ton of work to do - and needed a bunch of adminstrative things done, and they went above and beyond in assiting me in many, many copies and other office needs with a smile. I also left an important document at the front desk and another staff member tracked me down in the parking lot to ensure I received it. Staying here was relaxing and pleasant because of the people!!! The location is very convient as well - near airport and major highways. The IHOP across the street doesn't hurt either.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Heather B
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Heather: Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why Faiza, Ahmed, and the rest of our staff are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

alynrob2000
My fiance and I stayed at the extended stay america in Elizabeth, NJ, near the airport and the customer service employees are so patient and courteous! They were never to busy to assist. Ettie Greene, was extremely patient and courteous, and not to mention, friendly with a smile! She is kept order on the floor that she attends. The employees deserve a Kudos!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendetta R
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport, and in particular, about the service provided by Ettie and the rest of our staff. I will be sure to pass along your comments to each of them. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Fresh renovation.prompt and friendly front desk service, free shuttle from airport (shavone) Rooms with full kitchenette downside many people cooking we had a firedrill I think somebody had a accident cooking which left us outside for about 15 min. They have flat screen tvs and a nice water purifier on the sink for better than tap drinking water. Hotel is walking distance to mall.will stay again

• Stayed: August 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. I was very happy to learn how pleased you were with the improvements we recently made to our hotel, including new televisions and water purification systems. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'll keep this brief. At 11:30p on a Saturday, there was no one available in the front office to check me in. There was no shuttle to/from the airport, even though it's stated on the website that it's 24/7.

Called the emergency help like for Extended - was told someone would call me back with information on how to get to the hotel from the airport or they would send a shuttle. Never got a call back.

I had ZERO recourse having pre-paid for one night and was forced to make the decision on whether to sleep in the airport or find another hotel room at what was now 12:30a, having tried to check in for an hour.

I was left in tears and stranded at EWR. Extended Stay could care less about me, and for that, I will never, ever stay at one of their hotels again.

You can NOT call yourself catering to business travelers when you don't offer late-night check-in or an airport shuttle. Period.

I'm sure it's a decent hotel, provided that your flight doesn't arrive late past 11:00p.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank strawberry_jam0626
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I was very sorry to read your review of the Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.
I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. Our airport shuttle is staffed during these same hours. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues at the hotel.
It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again for your recent experience, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I sincerely hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest at this hotel (or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location) in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 13 in Elizabeth
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!