“Very Good Deal”

Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night before flying out of Newark Airport on Saturday. We did the park and fly package and after doing some research, it appeared to be less expensive than parking the car for a week at the airport anyway. Very nice rooms and restaurant. Good staff.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 3, 2009

I liked this hotel and it was great for my needs on this trip.

I flew into Newark in the AM, had to meet someone in West New York, NJ in afternoon and had the evening and next day to spend in NYC.

I bid on PL and got the room for $50. The room was okay, the bed comfy and I wasn't in the room long enough to say much good or bad. The staff I encountered were all very nice; cheerful and helpful. Noon check-out. I had a late flight and they happily stored 2 large bags for me while I explored NYC.

They have a free shuttle and I used it a lot.. From hotel to NYC can take an hour and half- (or longer) but it only costs $15.

They are 5/10 minutes from the airport. There is little to nothing within walking distance to do. The surrounding neighborhood looks iffy but the hotel appeared quite secure.

If you are considering this hotel, do your research. For some it be a great bargain and suite your needs. Others could be quite frustrated by it's location if they are unaware.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2009

We stayed here the day before flying to Nassau,Bahamas. We with Marriot as much as possible because the rooms/bedding seems to be the best. This hotel was at a perfect location and only about 5-10 minutes from the airport. We purchased the stay here fly there package with tax $150.00. That included a nights stay and up to 8 days of parking. The restauarant was pricey..but what airport hotel isn't....internet was free up to 10 minutes.

Shuttle service was on time and offered a lof of assistance...Good choice for travel!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We were a bit hesitant about staying here with all the bad reviews. Our stay was just fine, especially since it was only $50 a night on priceline! You could not beat the accomadations at that price. The only downfall for the hotel were their room hallways were a bit dated and the restaurant was just ok. The pool was heated, the saunas were hot, and the beds were comfortable.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2009

When I walked into the hotel it looked quite nice from the lobby area. When we got to the floor my room was on there was a noticeable smell. Also the carpet next to the door was damp. The smell persisted all weekend. Definitely not a 3 star hotel...

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2009

The hotel had courtesy transportation from the airport to the hotel. Didn't state where to find it. Had a difficult time locating it. Found out at airport there are different places where different hotels pick up and no one knew where this hotel picked up. The elevators weren't functioning properly. I was on the 8th floor. Had a crowd waiting for awhile before elevators started working.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We chose this hotel due to its location and its association wtih the Marriot name. We were initially impressed by the attractiveness of the lobby and room. The desk person was indifferent but was not unpleasant. We came here to get a good night sleep before our flight from Newark the following morning at 7 a.m. That was not to be as several busses pulled up with VERY noisy people who just happened to converge on our floor. They were up until the wee hours banging doors closed, laughing hysterically and talking very loudly. When I called the front desk at midnight to complain the woman stated that she would have the manager call me. That never happened. Instead we found a coupon for a cup of coffee slid under our door. What an insult!!!. They sent up the security guard instead. He was of not help, and the noise continued.

Needless to say I would not recommend this hotel due to their unprofessional and shoddy handling of this type of situation. As a Marriot Rewards member I am highly disapppointed and wish for a refund. I guess I have to settle for a cup of cofee.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank shannyliv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport

Been to Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

Address: 1000 Spring St, Elizabeth, NJ 07201-2113 (Formerly Doubletree Hotel Newark Airport)
Location: United States > New Jersey > Elizabeth
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in Elizabeth
#2 Business Hotel in Elizabeth
#2 Romantic Hotel in Elizabeth
Price Range: $123 - $271 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel 4*
Defining style and sophistication among Elizabeth, NJ hotels, the Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel welcomes travelers with opulent accommodations, tons of luxury amenities and unparalleled service. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Elizabeth Renaissance