Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Flora Motel(Elizabeth)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungenice hotelthin wallsrestaurant barfree shuttlenewark areashuttle runs every minutesindoor poolbed was very comfortablefront desk staffnew yorkshuttle serviceair trainlong flightan early morning flightpenn stationinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I checked in after mid-night and left at 7:30 for a flight. They put me in a suite on the concierge level which was very clean and spacious. I wish the bar was open past 11:30/midnight - it was shut down upon my arrival. I try to not fly through Newark, but if I do, I know I can stay at the Renaissance.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This hotel is just what you should expect from Marriot. On top of it employees, comfortable well appointed rooms, close to the airport, comfortable beds, good shuttle service (after you figure out that the air train at Newark airport is out of commission until July and that you are transported to shuttle area by bus). We are never disappointed to find out that our 4 star pick from Priceline is a Marriot.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I still strongly believe that this is the best property in the Newark area. Rooms are the biggest (much bigger than the Marriott across the way), comfy beds, fast internet the staff is by far the friendliest and the property is immaculate. However, I have noticed some cost cutting and changes especially in the concierge lounge. I am a top tier elite rewards member who stays here quite often. Concierge lounge access is guaranteed with my benefits. Lately, I have noticed a significant dumbing down of the offerings in the lounge. The evening service has been severely reduced, no more deli tray, no salads, only one hot dish, very skimpy. The weekend breakfast service is nothing like the weekday offerings - stay away from the cold eggs. Cannot understand why this hotel would marginalize the concierge lounge experience for Marriott's most loyal guests. This property has gone from having some of the best lounge offerings in the US to being subpar. Many Marriott properties still appreciate the value of their elite guests and strive to impress in the lounges. Everything else about this hotel I like. I cannot say enough about the staff, and the Ironbound lounge (Ernie, Nick and Angel are the best) the physical upkeep of the property and the spotless rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank aerobik1
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Overall, we were satisfied and would stay here again.

Pros: (1) Hotel has a modern feel with well appointed lobby area. (2) Check-in was a breeze. (3) Hotel staff was very helpful and courteous. (4) Room was clean and inviting. (5) Bed and pillows very comfy. (6) Pool and work-out area were great.

Cons: (1) Lobby only wi-fi ($13/$16 per day internet charge) (2) Breakfast, although good, was a little pricey.

Highly recommend

Room Tip: The higher floors have a nice view of AIrport
1  Thank MelandLuke
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was great for my friends and me and I would also recommend it to bigger groups. First of all is the hotel close to the Newark airport and it's actually not very expensive to take a cab. The hotel is kind of far away to go to NYC every day for families. If bigger groups have a bus it's no problem though. I think it's not perfect for a family. The service is friendly and always helpful in every situation. The fitness and especially the pool area are great. It's clean and big. The rooms are clean and big as well and there isn't anything I could complain about. I enjoyed my stay and would always go back with friends or a trip with a bigger group!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends