“March 2014 Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“March 2014 Stay”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very nicely appointed; I was in a recently renovated king-bedded room; rooms are clean and modern; Lobby restaurant is good; Free shuttle to airport; Front desk personal very helpful and educated on subject matter.

1 Thank J M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Maryland
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very nicely appointed; I was in a recently renovated king-bedded room. Lobby restaurant is good; had crabcake appetizer for lunch. Free shuttle runs from AirTrain stop at airport. (Hotel manager personally responded to an inquiry I sent to the main Marriott reservations address about how to get there from the airport--nice touch.) The flight crew (ex-Continental, now United) from my flight from Tokyo stayed at the same hotel and said it was the best place to stay in the area. While I liked my room, the public spaces weren't really my style and the freight-like elevators far from the main lobby left a less polished impression for an otherwise nicely renovated hotel. Excellent toiletries by Thann. Good breakfast in the concierge lounge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FanofTA
S Wales
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed one night for $129 + tax (=$152) during a layover.

Shuttle bus worked well. Wifi worked well. Hotel was comfortable. Didn't use anything else - got in at 10:00pm and left at 8:00am.

Fine choice for a layover.

Billings, Montana
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We stay here several times a month as crew and the hotel consitently provides great service to us. The rooms are clean and modern, the food in the restaurant is very good and the employees are almost always very friendly.
Shuttle service is promt (every 15 min) and the hotel is less than 5 minutes from the EWR airport.
Try the Ironbound Salad with duck breast in the restaurant. It's GREAT!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Monika V, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thanks for the review! So happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to having you back with us soon. Safe travels!
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I showed up at 11:55pm, checked in, asked about food and they told me I had two minutes to order at their bar. I figured when I asked the bartender about food, he would tell me that the grill had been turned off an hour earlier. To my surprise, they made me a great dinner that was hot and fresh. Kudos Renaissance for your high quality customer service. I then awoke at 4am for a early flight out and as promised their shuttle was up and running every 15 minutes. Exactly how every hotel should run.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that the staff took such great care of you during your short stay with us. We hope your next trip to the Newark Area brings you back to our hotel.
Ontario
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here one night in order to get a connecting flight for a week long trip, and one night at a hotel "in" the airport on the way home. Comparatively, the room at the Renaissance was actually more spacious and the rug looked newer and cleaner. The check-in was very quick and the front staff friendly and polite. However, you have to take the Air Train to P4 at the airport and then catch the shuttle. I was traveling alone and arrived after 9p.m. and it seemed safe, but I would suggest getting into one of the train sections with other people as you travel. The waiting area for the shuttle is indoors and there were two security people walking around. The shuttle was prompt and we got to the hotel very quickly. The reason it is not rated as a five is because of the impatient nature of the hotel staff member who was not very sympathetic to my questions about the Air Train travel when I called a few weeks beforehand to inquire. Also, it is true what some reviewers have said, that the walls are thin. In fact, I could hear a family and children talking, the sounds coming from the air vent inside the washroom. Still, for the price and savings comparatively, I would have easily stayed there on the return trip had I known what it was like.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed one night in March 2014, parked our car and flew to St Martin for 8 days. The hotel was spotless, updated amenities and professional staff right down to the people who drive the shuttle bus service. Our car was right where we left it, still dirty.
From now on, for our trips out of EWR we will use this hotel every time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank llongrider1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#4 of 14 in Elizabeth
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport

Been to Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!