“Better Value Compared to Hotel "in" Airport”

Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here one night in order to get a connecting flight for a week long trip, and one night at a hotel "in" the airport on the way home. Comparatively, the room at the Renaissance was actually more spacious and the rug looked newer and cleaner. The check-in was very quick and the front staff friendly and polite. However, you have to take the Air Train to P4 at the airport and then catch the shuttle. I was traveling alone and arrived after 9p.m. and it seemed safe, but I would suggest getting into one of the train sections with other people as you travel. The waiting area for the shuttle is indoors and there were two security people walking around. The shuttle was prompt and we got to the hotel very quickly. The reason it is not rated as a five is because of the impatient nature of the hotel staff member who was not very sympathetic to my questions about the Air Train travel when I called a few weeks beforehand to inquire. Also, it is true what some reviewers have said, that the walls are thin. In fact, I could hear a family and children talking, the sounds coming from the air vent inside the washroom. Still, for the price and savings comparatively, I would have easily stayed there on the return trip had I known what it was like.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed one night in March 2014, parked our car and flew to St Martin for 8 days. The hotel was spotless, updated amenities and professional staff right down to the people who drive the shuttle bus service. Our car was right where we left it, still dirty.
From now on, for our trips out of EWR we will use this hotel every time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank llongrider1
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was very happy with all aspects of my stay. The staff was professional, courteous and just simply nice. The hotel was clean, as were the rooms. Comfortable beds, spacious room and many amenities in the room. We ate downstairs and enjoyed a glass of wine, appetizer and salads. The food was made with fresh, healthy ingredients and not overly sauced. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. They have a beautiful pool and fitness center that I did not take advantage of. The shuttle service every 15 mins to the airport was very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night on a recent trip to NY State. The lobby is very welcoming and the check in was smooth and quick. The room was a decent size with very comfortable beds. As well as being clean, the room was quiet as we were located at the back of the hotel. Even better, the air conditioning was super quiet so we got a good night's sleep. The restaurant was pretty good with a nice variety of choices on the menu and the quality of food was good as well. My only criticism would be that the restaurant and bar areas were a bit lacking in character that certainly wasn't a deal breaker. Great staff - very friendly and attentive, perhaps a bit slow when it came to the breakfast service but we weren't in a hurry. Several previous reviewers have mentioned that the hotel is expensive. I got a very good deal by going through Expedia but that was paying in full, in advance and with no refund for cancellations.

I understand that this hotel has been recently renovated and if you look closely enough, you can see where they've repainted walls etc. I don't know what it looked like before but they've certainly done a good job and made the place seem fresh and (almost) new again. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Excellent rating encompasses: outstanding support in pre-meeting planning (thank you Cynthia, convenient location, secure parking, delightful lobby, front desk reception, guest rooms are beautiful and well appointed, amazing food - both the restaurant and meeting F&B, perfect meeting space, and above all - the staff is outstanding. Everyone on the staff was pleasant, efficient, professional, and just a joy to spend a few days with.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Monika V, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for the fabulous review! Our team works very hard to provide our guests with the best possible experience in all areas of their stay. We hope that if your meeting plans bring you back to the Newark Airport area we will be your host again!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. VERY close to the airport. We ended up staying here a night because a flight was cancelled, it was late, and we had to quickly find a place to stay. The hotel was sold out of rooms with 2 queens, so we took a king bed with a sofa bed. The staff was very accommodating and understanding. They brought us a cot, so that we could all stay together. The breakfast in the morning was great. My only complaint would be the hefty price we paid overall.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The lobby is a great first impression. The staff are friendly and helpful. Sometimes they serve hot chocolate in the lobby, but I missed it on my last visit.

The rooms were comfortable and updated, but not fully. The bathroom door was old with chips in the paint. There was no counter space in the bathroom. I wound up leaving my tooth paste, because I didn't notice it when I left; it was up on the glass shelf.

Floors in the rooms were nice and the beds are comfortable. The room can be made dark, but there is a lot of noise from the hallway. You can easily hear conversations in the hall and other rooms, vacuuming in other rooms and 2-way radios of staff.

Free shuttle to the airport is great, and if asked, they will drop you at local eateries and bars. Not sure if they'll pick you back up, tho.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Monika V, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit some feedback on your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent customer service experience and we are so happy you enjoyed some of our wonderful amenities! If you do come back and visit us, please let our front desk know that you would prefer a bathroom with a full vanity. Our hotel is lucky enough to have 2 bathroom configurations - one with the more residential pedestal sink with the vertical bathroom vanity, and one with the more traditional full size vanity.

Thank you again for staying with us! We truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#2 of 13 in Elizabeth
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!