“Great Food and Drinks”

Mojito Lounge and Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 263 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Part eatery dishing up classic Cuban fare & part after-dark lounge with DJs & dancing. Come by and enjoy gourmet cuban dishes or experience one of our weekly events!
Reviewed April 12, 2017

I used come here for dinner at least a few times a year. However, I haven't been here in the past two years and decided to have dinner there this past Monday. Never a disappointment! The pitcher of red sangria was just as I remembered "delish" in addition to their appetizers, entrée and the toasted bread with olive spread at each table. Its not as crowded mid week as it is on the weekends, so I prefer going when its less crowded. I had the skirt steak with black rice and beans, maduros and yucca and my date had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and veggies as our entrée and chicken empanada and chicken wings for appetizers and we were both pleased! Definitely plan on going back soon to taste another dish.

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Went there expecting this great experience and was disappointed the food wasn't that great for the price I could cook better than whoever was cooking that night and the prices outrageous for some tasteless Spanish food

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Went on 5/23 for my birthday. Well I must say that I was impressed. I drive by this place everyday 2 x a day and never bothered to stop in, glad my first choice was closed on a Monday because I was in a food coma after this place. They serve you warm, toasty bread with a olive oil spread- good. Appetizer was plantain cups filled with shrimp and cheese sauce- good and fried calamari- both were good. Dinner was baby rack of lamb with veggies and mashed potatoes and some dinosaur looking oxtails with yellow rice and tostones- great food. No dessert because I had 3 cakes at home to try. The margaritas my hubby had were decent in size and made just how he likes- little ice. The Passion fruit sangria I had was not good at all. It taste like syrup but the white sangria was ok. No the best but def not the worst. All in all I would def return to try out the extensive food menu.

Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

We always wanted to try it. It was great, nice mojitos, appetizers great. My husband got the oxtail and it was nicely done. I got the roast work and was good too. I like the bread with olive they give.

Reviewed February 13, 2016

I have been dining at Mojito ever since I read a very positive review in our local newspaper about 5 years ago. I have recommended it to friends who have also enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The garlic bread with the olive spread is to "die for". The prices are fair, the portions are large and the food is consistently outstanding. Mojito has the potential for excellence if the service improved. Also, parking is major issue (they have a bar downstairs which contributes to the parking unavailability). I'm not sure how they can improve the parking situation except for offering valet parking. Overall, I look forward to dining there again in the near future and recommending Mojito to others.