“TURN YOUR CAR AROUND AND KEEP GOING!!!!”

Courtesy Inn Atlantic City Airport
New York City, New York
“TURN YOUR CAR AROUND AND KEEP GOING!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

::::::::: WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING:::::::::

I really don't even know where to begin with reviewing this place. First, WHY IS IT STILL OPEN? there has to be various safety and health violations everywhere you look in this place, it truly amazes me that this is still considered a operable business let alone a place where travelers are encouraged to even spend their money/lay their heads.

Upon pulling up there is is what seems to be "residents" (and I choose that term loosley since some of them just are plain scary) living in what seems to be once part of the hotel on either side of a long driveway which leads to the actual main building of the "hotel" (for lack ofa better word). It was bad enough feeling like our car was going to stolen or vandalized overnight but upon seeing the condition of the building on the outside (i.e. peeling paint, un-managed gardens, trash and a FILTHY pool I wanted to run. Feeling like maybe we should give it a chance (since work seemed to be being done from the sight of paint and ladders laying around the property) we decided to stay. WRONG decision.

to make it simple I will try and break this down. The room amentites include:

1. dirty sheets/towels
2. peeling wallpaper
3. smoke/mildew smell in ALL areas of the hotel (yes even YOUR room)
4. chipped/rotting wood near AC and baseboards
5. spiderwebs
6. dirty carpet
7. filthy tub
8. broken lock on door
9.rusted bar in closet

I think by now it's clear where I am going with this. Oh wait I almos forgot, the "work" that was suppsoed to be going on in the "hotel" was going on right next door so the banging on the walls from them trying to install an outlet on our wall was less then considerate. OH wait let' also mention the "work" seems to be being done by anyone trying to earn a fewextra dollars, there is nothing professional about the men woirking there.

All and all to sum this up becuase I can go on forever about how bad this place is, just run, run far away. The reviews have bee bad going back to 2003, I should have read them beforewe decided to stay here, thankfully it was for one night. I can prevent just one person from staying here I know in some way I saved some one alot of gried and frustration so please stay away!!! DON'T DO IT!!! THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!! ASAP

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank travelbug328

Solo
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

For my disabled mother they hotel claimed the service hadn't even informed them she was so we were put upstairs. After changing the people were friendly but the tub was disgusting fridge not plugged up and while taking a walk around out a window I discovered some sort of trash box behind the building as well as and animal skull on the a.c. Outside the walls show signs of leakage that the ceiling has no signs of the wifi I couldn't get because we weren't in the lobby even though we were like four doors down then looking on the site I seen the roach in the cover that matches the one in my room they can make money of there personalities but not off there rooms please guys clean it up

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lakeyah

Travelers are raving about these Egg Harbor Township hotels

Joppa, MD
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I've written many reviews on trip advisor and if anyone looked at them all, you will notice I do not stay in fancy hotels. Both my boyfriend and I are extremely tolerable when it comes to run down motels/hotels, but we both agreed this was probably one of the worst hotels we've ever stayed in. As another person said, as we drove in to the grounds, I literally sat in the parking lot and had to go online to re-check my reservation to see if this was in fact the hotel we actually booked...we just could not believe our eyes. We booked this motel from hotels.com and the pictures they have must have been taken 20 years ago. This motel should not be advertised for tourist for Atlantic City, it is more an extended stay motel that people pay weekly because they cannot afford to live anywhere else and we noticed many people did live there, as we saw people with grills, bikes and baby strollers outside the rooms and when the signs clearly say no pets, we saw two people let cats in their room! When we entered the main building, there was a horrible smell of smoke. When we checked in our room smell so horribly bad of mildew, my boyfriend and I decided to make the best of it and head to casinos so we could come back and just go right to sleep. There was a shuttle bus to take us to the Tropicana, which was an adventure on its own (the bus driver, although very very friendly, was very wacky, beeping the horn to the bus the ENTIRE trip, and once stopping at a red light to get up and dance down the isle!). But after returning, and trying to lay down in the room, I developed one of the worst migraines I've ever had, and felt so nauseous and my boyfriend could not stop sneezing. We found a black substance in the corner of the ceiling which we though was the source of the smell, mildew. Plus the wall covering was coming off the wall, there was stains in the comforter...I could go on Finally at midnight my boyfriend went to the front desk to ask if they either had something to mask the smell or to move us to another room, which they did move us. The 2nd room was much better and we were finally able to get some sleep,however we both could smell the mildew smell in our clothes and pillows that we thankfully brought ourselves. There was a blood stain on the sheets and the towels were so rough, the washcloth looked like it was about to rip when I tried to use it. The "continental breakfast" consisted of plain cornflakes, muffins and donuts, coffee, tea and milk...that's it. The website says wifi...we did not pick up any signal at all. And the pool was covered and and was closed, not to mention falling apart with trash bags tyed to it to keep it together. The only thing good I will say is the front desk people were very very friendly, and the bathrooms were very big, and there were two sinks one in the bathroom and one out. They did supply toiletries although the lotion bottle we had was just about empty (i.e. used). Oh and our reservation said King size bed but both rooms we had 2 doubles, which was the least of our worries though. And as another person said, housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:50 telling us to get out it was 11!
My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 3rd year anniversary and just needed a place to crash, which it served our purpose and it was quite the adventure we will NEVER forget , it will be a story we will be able to tell over and over and just laugh about it but next time we decide to stay in Atlantic City, we will gladly fork out the extra $30 to stay at another hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank poca1313
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Do not go here! It's worth the money to pay the extra $100 dollars to stay in a place up the street. My friend and I drove up from VA, checked into the dirty place, changed and headed to Atlantic City. We were in the room for 2 hours tops. We came back around 1:30 to turn in for the night...and found a cockroach in the bed. After expressing concerns to the front desk, we were told, "What do you want me to do about it? We're in the woods" and then it was suggested that WE--the guests--change the sheets. They would not issue a refund. We headed back to Virginia that same night...we'd rather make another 6 hour drive to get back home than stay there. Lesson learned--I hope you all learn vicariously through this review--stay away!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoLewis16
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The first room they gave us was horrible. the bedding was old, linen was dirty, old hair on sheets and even residue of vomit was on the floor. had to quickly switch rooms. the next room was a little bit better but not much. the chairs in the room were horrible. didnt even want to sit on them for fear of catching a funfus. and to make things worst , when i told the front desk i wanted to switch rooms because of the old vomit, he asked me " are you sure it wasnt you". yes it was very cheap, but I would just stay home next time if i dont have the money rather than go there. Horrible, and more horrible.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Breenad1
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Bugs in one bed and hair in the other! Too scared to look in the bathroom! This was the most run down place I have ever seen. They post that they are a 3 star hotel and nice pictures of pool and room. We stayed 2 seconds and left there was no way we were staying there. Owner would not give us a refund. Terrible experience! Beware!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sammystant
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2011

we rated this motel a 3 we think that some of the reviews were unfair. the room was reasonably clean, large 2 sink bathroom the maid asked us if we would like extra towels and (Leo) the desk clerk responded to our requests quickly and responsibly.We took the bus to the Casino"s and the bus driver was not rude and was helpful(don't go for the $20.00 dollar chips , you have to wait an hour of gambling before they activate it).I would probably reccomend this hotel to you if you didn't want all the extras that the bigger franchised hotels have remember "you get what you pay for"
"the Hatter" new york

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gr8hats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Quality Inn Pleasantville
Quality Inn Pleasantville
#3 of 15 in Pleasantville
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Courtesy Inn Atlantic City Airport? Share your experiences!