Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Homestead Apart-Hotel(Pleasantville)
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn(Egg Harbor Township)
Travel Inn(Pleasantville)
Bay Point Inn(Pleasantville)
View Hotel
All reviewsatlantic cityfree breakfastfront desk staffoutdoor poolfree shuttleyogurtchecking incasino hotelhot breakfastscrambled eggswater pressureshort driveacboardwalkwalmartrefrigeratormargate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2012

you could do worse! We picked this hotel online, it said newly renovated in 2012 and to us that is what it was. I had called 3 days ahead of time to ask some questions about the area, it's proximity to the AC Airport, shuttle service to or from the airport, rates, etc. Heather was my contact person and was very, very helpful and I booked our room with her right then. We were in Toms River in the AM of Friday the 12th drove to Lancaster, PA for a Funeral and then down to AC late to be able to get our flight back to Florida at 8 AM Saturday morning. All we needed the room for was to sleep. After getting somewhat misguided in our directions, we called the Hotel for help and who answered the phone but Heather who I booked the room with originally, and she was phenomenal in talking to my wife and getting us heading in the right direction again Checked in drove to the back as some other reviewers have already alluded to and were taking our luggage to the door when another fella sort of appeared heading to the door, apprehensive at first, he came over and swiped his card for us to open the door so we didn't have to put everything down. Turns out he was just a Hotel Guest outside smoking. Thank you helpful stranger. As far as the area goes, it was dark when we arrived and dark when we left the next morning so I can't comment other than to say there didn't appear to be too much around. Breakfast is from 6:30 to 9:30 but we missed it as we wanted to be at the Airport by 6:00 AM King Bed was comfy, great water pressure in sinks and shower and good drains, refrigerator was cold, there was a microwave but didn't use it. The room was comfortable and we would stay there again if ever in the area Good experience.

Room Tip: Layout is different but I wouldn't let some of the reviews deter you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
COORDINATOR78, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We greatly appreciate your review. Our staff works hard to make sure our guests are happy from reservation to check out. It's wonderful to hear Heather was able to take care of you. I am sorry you were not able to stay for our hot breakfast. Next time your in town you must take advantage of wonderful goodies we put out including the new Pancake Machine and our famous Cinnamon Buns! We are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked this room knowing that I needed to stay in the area, under a certain budget, and not at the last hotel I tried in the area. The picture on this site looks about 10 times better than the actual hotel. Twice this month I guess I have found myself in old properties that HIX has purchased and is renovating; I'm really not a fan.

As previously mentioned the set up is odd. The front desk and breakfast area is in a separate front building, and the rooms are all in a building behind it. Most of the doors are alarmed so you can only use the ones in the center. The alarmed doors made me feel a bit better as this area is seriously sketchy, but it was annoying for getting to your room and carrying luggage.

When I arrived there were construction guys all around. It turns out that my room was the very last room at the back of the building above where they seemed to be working. The furthest away from the elevators, the front desk, and pretty much the creepiest place possible. I didn't have the energy to walk back a mile with all my luggage to see about changing rooms.

The room itself was fine. Much more like a typical HIX. The people at the front desk were nice. I missed breakfast because I had to check out early, but I'm sure it was fine as usual. This area in general is just creepy. There is no other word for it. I'm not sure if where you stay can really make that better, but it certainly can make it worse. Don't go up Black Horse Pike and think the options will improve. Once they finish the remodel on this hotel I'm sure it has some promise, just be sure to ask for a room close to the front.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
COORDINATOR78, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review. We have heard the voices of you as well as many others speaking about the separate buildings and we are excited to announce that part of our complete renovation includes moving the front desk/ lobby and breakfast area to the rooms building. The photos on this site do show a recent photo of our breakfast/ lobby area and are a proper representation of the current buildings, however I did notice that the rooms photo show the older rooms. Our renovated rooms have all new furniture including flat screen televisions, new carpeting, and bathrooms. We will be excited once the renovation is complete and we can show off the new photos!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Not a great property, but not horrible either. About a 5 min drive from the casinos on the strip. Decent, filling breakfast served in the a.m. Property gets a lot of traffic, so its not in the greatest shape and can be busy on the weekends. Free bus takes you to the Tropicana casino.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

We're so glad you were able to stay with us and thank you for giving us your feedback. We are working hard to improve our look with our complete hotel renovation that is currently underway. With our location, outstanding service and new rooms, we hope to really WOW you during your next visit.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed recently at this property. The rate was good, around $100, just a bit from the Garden State Parkway. Initially, I was taken aback by the unusual setup. The checkin, and breakfast area, is in a separate building from the actual hotel. You check in, then get back in your car and drive to the entrance to the hotel. All access is with your card.

The halls and rooms (at least the one I was in) have been refreshed, and look somewhat like newer HIE facilities. One thing that I look for, is a microwave in the room. I was told that there were none (even upon request), but that each floor had one in the vending room. Not very convenient, especally when yor room is at the far end of the long hall. In the case of this floor, there was no microwave in the vending room... just an empty shelf where one should have been.

The rooms were pretty clean (save for a couple of used coffee stirrers on he floor under the work area). The TV was an old tube Tv, that could only be seen from bed. If want to work and watch TV, you needed to drag the work desk out across the rooom, as the TV had little slack cord and couldn't be rotated much. The room did have a nice mini-fridge.

The bathroom was clean and decent size, with the great HIE showerhead, good pressure and hot water.

It's not that it isn't a place you would hate to stay, just not what i have come to expect from HIEs, like the newer one in Neptune.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HudsonValleyGuy

Thank you for your review. We strive to ensure each and every guest has an outstanding visit. Since we are still in the middle of our renovation not all things have been updated just yet. The new flat screen tv's are now in all of the completed renovated rooms. I must thank you for your comment about the microwave. We have since made sure all floors have a microwave available. We are also excited to say that with our renovation of rooms we are also renovating our front desk/ lobby/ and breakfast areas and hope to have them all in one building very soon. We hope you will come back and see all the new and exciting changes!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

It has been five months and we still talk about this disappointing trip. We had this great idea to check out Atlantic City for a quick overnight trip on a Saturday night. This hotel advertises a shuttle to the strip, so we thought we'd be geniuses and save a couple hundred bucks by staying here. The shuttle doesn't run as frequently as we like (we've had better experiences with other Holiday Inn Express shuttles, particularly in upstate New York), so we paid $40 to cab it to the hotel, which is stuck in some god-forsaken suburban environment with no food and no booze nearby. We felt trapped. Here's something odd- the pillows are not normal size. They're about 12 x 12 and seemingly made for little people. I called the front desk and asked for a normal pillow, only to be disappointed. I ended up watching bad made for tv movies all night. The one highlight was the good coffee and the tasty cinnamon rolls on the breakfast buffet. We called a cab and were horrified when some clanker pulled up. We wondered if our life was in danger, but after the night we had, we just wanted to high-it the h out of this city. So, we paid another $40 for the cab ride and that's exactly we did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear CDAdventures,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am pleased that you found our breakfast good enough for your stay. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology if your stay was negatively affected by the unavailability of the shuttle service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.