“can't beat the price”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West
Holtsville, NY
“can't beat the price”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed for one night after the AC airshow was at the Borgata night before but could not see spending $399 for the same room that was half that the night before. I requested a remodeled which I did receive on the 1st floor. the ladies at the front desk were very welcoming...gave me a nice welcome bag with water and snacks. The room was very clean and new. The room and hallways did have a musty smell but we put the ac on and it seemed to help. When I went to take a shower there was no hot water so I called the front desk and it was resolved immediately and I received a follow up call soon after. went down to breakfast around 7am and it was nice a quiet and stocked with fresh food. If you are looking for a reasonable clean safe p.ace you can't beat this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank disney07us
COORDINATOR78, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our staff works very hard to exceed your expectations
I am happy you found our newly remodeled room clean and comfortable. Wait until the entire hotel is completed it will be the best in the area. I will pass your comments to our staff,
who wiil certainly appreciate them. Please come visit us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here for business last night - staff was very friendly when checking in. Elevators need work - had to help push the doors open - hallway carpet needs cleaning - rooms are ok - old tv's in the room - mine didn't work and they did come right up and swap it out. Beds are fine and linens are clean. Bathrooms need a ton of work - toilet barely flushed and make constant noise as did the fan in the bathroom - sink was obviously clogged and as I shaved it filled up and took up to 10 minutes to drain. For the money its fine and I know they are working on the property but for now I would go around the corner...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jsabatini
Thank you for you candid thoughts. We are in process of a total renovation of our hotel.
The new and exciting Holiday Inn Express will WOW you. We sincerely apologize for the issues in your bathroom, and when your travels bring you to our area Please come visit us again
Bronx, NY
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We arrived late but I had called in advance. Front desk was very nice. The gentleman greeted us with my priority welcome bag. Nice service. Nice updated room. It was clean. The pool was small but we didn't get in it. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bronx_NYCleanFreak
COORDINATOR78, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff and I appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. We are happy that you enjoyed one of our new rooms, and are pleased to let you know that we are in the process of renovating the entire hotel to give our guests and wonderful experience and WOW you. Thank you again.
Mamaroneck, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My friends and I went to AC this past weekend and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. We booked this hotel because of the location and free shuttles. However, when arriving to the hotel we were greeted with disappointment after disappointment. The actual hotel is located a minute away from the lobby. When finally getting into the hotel, the room cards were not even activated. Therefore, I had to walk back to lobby to have them activated. When attempting to get in the room a second time, we were once again let down. Finally, after a five minute wait the maintenance man (who was very helpful), had to use the room master key to get in since his room card did not work as well.

Once in the room we decided to check the beds. In each "queen" size beds we found bed bugs. Completely grossed out we yet again called the lobby and told them our newest problem. They sent us to a new room, that after checking was clear of bed bugs. However, this new room did not have a refrigerator. The maintenance man then went to our old room to retrieve the refrigerator from our infected room. We did receive the refrigerator in a timely manner. Lastly, our TV did not work and had to call the lobby yet again to fix this problem.

When coming home and telling others our problems with this hotel, another couple had stated that a previous week to our stay they too stayed at this hotel. They also encountered the bed bug issue.

So I highly recommend that no one stay at this hotel, unless you want to get infected with bed bugs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
COORDINATOR78, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
First and foremost please accept our sincerest apologies for not exceeding your expectations.
And, thank you for bringing the issues you described in your review to our attention.
We are sorry that you had a key issue and had to walk to the desk for a new set. We are in the process of building a brand new lobby and entrance in the hotel tower, so that all services will be available in the same building. We are proud to report to you, that after the report of bed bugs in your room, we called on "Bella" our bed bug sniffing dog, (who is 99.9% accurate in detecting any sign of bed bugs) and she did not find any sign of bed bugs. We take any report of bed bugs very serious, and act on it immediately. I am not sure who you are referring to as another family, however I am sure that if they reported it to us we acted in the same manner
as we did for you. Because we inconvienced you were give a deep discount from your original rate. We again apologize for a less than perfect stay, and hope you will give us another opportunity WOW you.

Travelers are raving about these Egg Harbor Township hotels

York, PA USA
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here many times. Very clean and well kept property. Free shuttle to casinos. Clean pool. Something that no one else mentions is safety. At night parking lot is well lit and I always feel safe leaving the car. This is something good you don't get when you park in the city. Always lock your doors and use the dead bolt in the room. Each room has a safe so there is little to worry about. Remember that you are on vacation and if you have to wait in line for the free breakfast it is not a bad thing.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Great wifi through whole building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jjw185
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent tay with us. We take a lot of pride in our Hotel, and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass along your comments to our staff, who are the ones that make it happen. We look forward to your next visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I would not suggest this hotel to anyone. From the time I stepped in the door I was already upset. My sister & I didn't get our rooms for 2 1/2 hours. Then when I finally got into my room it wasn't what I paid for. I booked a King size bed and received 2 double beds. The manager changed me to a suite but when I got into the suite the room was not clean. The bed wasn't made, towels on the floor in the bathroom. I contacted the Corporate office and was told my room was going to be Compd and I was going to get a refund. I have not received my refund yet.
I would suggest to anyone if you want to stay in a Holiday Inn do not stay in this one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We sincerely apologize for your less than perfect stay during your recent visit.
As you are aware when you checked in we were in the middle of a thunder storm which
caused us to loose power. This prevented us from getting all of our rooms ready by 4pm.
We are sorry that you received a room with two double beds, as you did request a king bedded room. Due to a computer issue caused by the storm, we thought we were upgrading you to a king bedded suite at no additional cost due to your inconvenience. This room did show clean in our system, however it was not. We did get it cleaned for you quickly, and we did infact comp your stay. If you did not receive a credit by the method of payment used, please contact us immediately and we will rectify the issue. Again we are sincerely sorry for the issues during your stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2012

To be fair there were signs stating "Please excuse our renovations" On a Saturday afternoon there was one clerk behind the desk and the line was out the door. One thing I didn't realize before arriving is the rooms aren't connected to the office. The day we arrived was pouring so having to walk outside to get to our rooms was draining. You can def tell the hotel is dated, our room had a damp & muggy feel to it, the entire time even when the rain stopped. The room was a bit tight (2 adults 1 child). There is a complimentry breakfast, however it was mobbed!! as soon as food was put out it was like a feeding frenzy. I only stayed overnight, and was out of the room most of the time for my activities - so it did the job. However if I needed to stay for a longer amount time, I would stay somewhere else. 5 minutes from the Boardwalk

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
COORDINATOR78, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are finishing up a complete renovation to our hotel
I am sorry about the short walk to the tower form our Great Room, however we a building a brand new lobby and entrance in our hotel tower, and will have a brand new hotel for you to enjoy. Again our sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations, but I can assure you that we will on your next visit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West? Share your experiences!