“Not too shabby....”

Howard Johnson Atlantic City Egg Harbor Township
Brooklyn, NY
“Not too shabby....”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This hotel was great for its location. Just follow the road into Atlantic City where all the action is. The beds were nice and comfortable. If you are expecting this hotel to compete with Hilton or Trump then this isn't that place for you. But if you are on a budget and want a comfortable place just to sleep, then this is perfect for you.

The room was clean, nothing wrong with it at all. They have laundry on site and we had waffles for breakfast when we woke up. I recommend this place and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MrMusicMajor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Front desk & breakfast is in a different building Approx 2 blocks away from lodging. I did'nt think much of this untill the following. I was assigned building 1, 2nd near the entrance. As soon as you open the door the musty mildew smell hits you. My room was worse! their is an obvious water leak that has gone unattended for some time. I walked over to the Manager's. building. I was given the room right below mine on the 1st fl. The smell was not as bad but still there. I was only staying 1 night so I didnt bother complaining again. Room is very old and tired. Bed was "OK" at best. I know it's only a 2 star hotel but the lack of concern for it's upkeep is evident. Website boasts "Laundry Facilities. The "Laundry Facilities" are located in building 2. So I had to walk across the yard with a bag of laundry to the neighboring building. . Thier are no "Facilities" 1 washer & 1 dryer are located next to the vending machines. 2 machines for 2 buildings is pointless. I had drive off site to do my wash. The internet was a headach. Eratic signal stregnth lead to constent disconnects. I called the front desk in hopes they would try jumping the router. No luck. I was told it was working fine when he used it and that I was only one complaining. I didnt buy that and offered him 50.00 if he brought a notebook computer to my room and showed me a good connection. He declined. (Shocker) The mildew began affecting my allergies and I was coughing most of the night.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank shademann
New York, NY
Reviewed March 31, 2010

This place was a great surprise...the room was clean and comfortable. A little chilly when you first get there but quickly warms up once you turn on the heat. The hotel has a small courtyard and somewhat of a apartment complex feel and look. Noise-level was minimum and the continental breakfast avalaible in the hotel lobby was tasty. On a nice day, I loved the fact you can open your room window and let a breeze in. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andeonta
Logan Twp.
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night this past weekend for a dance competition my daughter was in that was taking place in Atlantic City. We already spend enough money on costumes, entry fees and such so I didnt want to spend alot on a room. You cant beat $55. The room was very clean. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The drive was only 10 minutes to the casinos. There were so many restaurants and stores nearby, a very convenient location for out of towners. I dont know what people are expecting for $55 this is not a five star resort but it was a nice clean place to sleep for me and my family. We will definately be returning next year when we come to AC again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveBeingADanceMom
MIAMI, FLORIDA
Reviewed December 25, 2009

After a very bad experience in another hotel in Atlantic City, thanks to the Visitors bureau recommendation to my search for a low rate hotel, I ended by staying 2 nights in this little Comfort Inn Victorian conviently located near Rt 40 with a courtesy shuttle taking the guests to the Atlantic City casinos boardwalk every afternoon. The rooms are very simple and the hotel itself is a kind of old, with a wooden structure in a Victorian style which lets the noise go through but if you request a top floor room, it's OK. I have been impressed by the kindness, the understanding attention, the graciousness, politeness and the style of Rhomar, the receptionist who welcomed me very nicely and did everything he could to help and inform me. The kind of person whom you dream to see at the back of each hotel front desk ! For a very fair rate, I could finally enjoy my stay in Atlantic city.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank TAINE
New Jersey
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I personally like this best of the three Choice Hotels on this same block (Clarion, Quality & Comfort Inn). The last few times I stayed here, I noticed that they list a slightly lower daily rate on the outside sign than you can find online so it might be best to try to call directly (this is even comparing the AAA rate).
Positives - free continental breakfast, small pool, small workout room, good value, nice size room.
Negatives - As earlier posters have commented, there is a musty / moldy small when you first enter the room. I've tried to figure out what this is. Almost smells like the bathroom floor is being mopped with dirty water, but I'm not really sure. If you put on the a/c and the bathroom ceiling fan for ten minutes, the smell seemed to go away. The only other nuisance is that the a/c & heater unit is located directly under the drapes and when on, the drapes blow open in the middle. I have learned to take a clip in with me to pin the two drapes together so that the rooms in the next building over don't see in my room. Anyway, despite these couple of things, I've stayed here before and will probably stay here again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ricmiclab1
mahopac
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This hotel looks very nice on the outside. However, the room had a moldy smell and the sheets, comforter, etc. were old and dingy with holes and stains. The lock on the window was broken and we were at street level, so my husband had to prop plastic stand inside window sill to keep it from being broken into. On the whole, the place was no where near as nice as the place next door (Holiday Inn Express) where we stayed last year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Quality Inn Pleasantville
Quality Inn Pleasantville
#3 of 15 in Pleasantville
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
#15 of 49 in Atlantic City
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Atlantic City Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!