“If you want to save $100”

Howard Johnson Atlantic City Egg Harbor Township
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We decided to go to the shore earlier than we planned and needed a place to stay that would not break the bank nor be 45 minutes away from everything. This hotel suited our needs perfectly. The person at the desk answered all of our questions as best as he could. We had no problems other than an obnoxious girl at breakfast who said that the waffle timer started over when I just been there 10 seconds before and knew she was a liar. Some people are just too impatient to wait their turn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
baymont6817, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Atlantic City Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for review , we not sure what happened , we apologize for any inconvinence you had.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room needed a makeover, as did the whole hotel. Everything was broken and looked filthy. The breakfast tables needed a cleaning. The room was clean though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your review , As you said , we provide clean comfortable stay at value price. Our intention is always to improve our product and services.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The place looked decent from the outside but was disgusting.
Inside. The manager tried to send us to a back entrance so
we didn't see the dirty floor and carpet. The doors
were beat up and had dents on them. There were strange
Characters hanging around. Slept with one eye open. The
bathroom was old and dingy. The bar in the bathroom
was pulled off and rusty and nasty.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Outside of hotel looks really nice. Inside looks very average and the air quality of the room was below average. Bathroom was clean but there was a little bug in my bed and some sort of mold on my wall. Other than those issues overall the hotel stay was very average.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The renovation need to completed quicker because it still in the same shape that it was in June when we stayed. The air was not on in the hallway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We checked in during the Labor Day weekend for an overnight stay. The hotel's location is convenient to Atlantic City boardwalk with comfortable rooms and adequate amenities.
The main reason we selected this hotel was the price and for the swimming pool. There were other families with children here and the staff was courteous.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed with my boyfriend from Friday, August 31- Sunday, September 2, and was very skeptical at first seeing some of the reviews. We were in room 410, A king suite equipped with a jacuzzi. I took photos but will not be including them because the room looked EXACTLY as the king suite jacuzzi photos online! I must say upon entering the hallways, the musty smells other reviewers were talking about were nonexistent, and the room itself was immaculate. Going near the window I did see a dead fly, but its just a fly people! I also asked them to clean the jacuzzi while we were gone to be on the safe side, and when we got back from our night it was cleaned and fresh towels were placed nearby. Loved it! WE also pulled back the sheet, checked the headboards and mattress to make sure there were no bedbugs, and found NOTHING. The mattress was new, and I was very relieved considering all the expensive hotels have received complaints about bedbugs! The bathroom was also very clean! The only problem (which was minor) that I did have were that the coverlet on the bed was a bit musty. I did ask for extra sheets though and removed the cover and all was well.

To people reading negative reviews, i'm not sure if it were other rooms in this inn that wasn't up to par, but I can assure you that it was very clean where my boyfriend and I stayed. The staff was friendly & attentive, and it was a short drive to AC. There is also a shuttle service (wish I attached the paper with times) but we ended up not using it.

Motel was also by a diner, dennys, and other places to eat!

I will definitely go back and stay in the king suite again. I felt at home and saved a lot of money. and best of all, NO BEDBUGS! if people are spoiled and like the lavish casino hotels, this may not be the place for you, but I 'd rather a clean, quiet, comfy place than a chance of taking some pesky unwanted visitors home with me ;)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
4 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Quality Inn Pleasantville
#3 of 15 in Pleasantville
3 mi away
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Howard Johnson Atlantic City Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!