“Clean, Friendly & Worth it!”

Howard Johnson Atlantic City Egg Harbor Township
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed with my boyfriend from Friday, August 31- Sunday, September 2, and was very skeptical at first seeing some of the reviews. We were in room 410, A king suite equipped with a jacuzzi. I took photos but will not be including them because the room looked EXACTLY as the king suite jacuzzi photos online! I must say upon entering the hallways, the musty smells other reviewers were talking about were nonexistent, and the room itself was immaculate. Going near the window I did see a dead fly, but its just a fly people! I also asked them to clean the jacuzzi while we were gone to be on the safe side, and when we got back from our night it was cleaned and fresh towels were placed nearby. Loved it! WE also pulled back the sheet, checked the headboards and mattress to make sure there were no bedbugs, and found NOTHING. The mattress was new, and I was very relieved considering all the expensive hotels have received complaints about bedbugs! The bathroom was also very clean! The only problem (which was minor) that I did have were that the coverlet on the bed was a bit musty. I did ask for extra sheets though and removed the cover and all was well.

To people reading negative reviews, i'm not sure if it were other rooms in this inn that wasn't up to par, but I can assure you that it was very clean where my boyfriend and I stayed. The staff was friendly & attentive, and it was a short drive to AC. There is also a shuttle service (wish I attached the paper with times) but we ended up not using it.

Motel was also by a diner, dennys, and other places to eat!

I will definitely go back and stay in the king suite again. I felt at home and saved a lot of money. and best of all, NO BEDBUGS! if people are spoiled and like the lavish casino hotels, this may not be the place for you, but I 'd rather a clean, quiet, comfy place than a chance of taking some pesky unwanted visitors home with me ;)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room itself was okay, as we weren't expecting anything more than a clean beg bug free bed to sleep in for 1 night. Looking around you can tell it is new owners. Appears they are trying to fix the place up. Now for the negatives: 1) we booked it online for 3 people and my credit card was charged in advance. When we arrived we were told online bookings are double occupancy only and where charged and extra $10 cash. $10 isn't alot, but like i said we paid in advance for 3 people. 2) we booked a non-smoking room, and where given a smoking room. When we called to be moved we got the usual "sorry we are booked solid tonight, and the room is non-smoking in our computer". Funny because the room was on the 2nd floor and had no no-smoking sign on the door. Meanwhile on the 1st floor all the rooms had no-smoking signs on the doors. Had we not been lied to, we would stay here again because it was clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

After a small mixup with Expedia & Baymont about rooms, the staff of Neel & Niraj Patel went out of their way to make us feel at home. They had directions to just about anywhere we wanted to go and made us feel quite welcome. Good continental breakfast too. Only downside was the pool could use some shade and bathrooms could use an upgrade. I felt the bed was fine my husband felt it was to soft.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Area was very good. Close to Atlantic City and boardwalk !! Room was nice but bathroom was way way outdated ! Maybe they were getting to do bathroom cause beds and T.V's were very nice . Outdoor was very good and the continental breakfast was ok . Staff was friendly . Overall it was a ok stay

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I planned to go to AC for an event...decided to late to go everything was booked except the casino hotels which was too pricey for just a one night stay. The Baymont was very clean,affordable and convient. The continental breakfast was great!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

From the outside this looks like a great place. However, the inside is a very different story. I'm not sure how old this location is but it smells very dingy and mouldy. There were spider webs in the room in a very visible place and the bathroom was not clean.

The front desk clerk was not very friendly until payment was made and the survey slip was given.

I had to use the restroom in the main office building. There were two restrooms and the first one I chose must have been used for storage because the door could hardly open and was filled with boxes. The toilet, by the way, was clogged with toilet paper and feces.

The one good experience we had was the breakfast area. The food was plentiful, fresh and a very good variety. There was plenty of seating with a television showing news.

The room rate was very overpriced. For the price of this room, the quality was very low. I would not return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Friendly and family atmosphere during the time I spend there. Also, close to great restaurants and other attractions like Atlantic City Boardwalk, beaches and casinos, for a very good price. You can also find malls, theaters, deparrtment stores, pharmacies and many more.I will defenitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Back rooms are closer to pool and building close to the office is where the laundry is.