“Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Totally terrible food. Over priced, they have a bar , drinks suck, service sucks, pizza you guessed it that sucks too. Was great 10 years ago. Down hill every day they are open. Save your money. EAT AT HOME

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Take the 20 minute ride from Atlantic City for some of the best Italian food in the area. Pasta, chicken, veal—all combinations are delicious. Had the pasta with sausage,whole tomatoes and tasty gravy. My wife had the veal chop. Will be back soon.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018

I doubt if this place cares about my review, because they were mobbed on a Monday night when I went here. First visit, but I went with two others who had been here a few times. They were under the impression that this was a BYOB place, so we arrived with two bottles of wine. Made a reservation. When we arrived, it was obvious they were under-staffed. Some people in back of us asked if we had a reservation, and we said yes/they looked worried. We were eventually seated. Had to wait around 15 minutes for a waitress to come to our table. We asked her to open our wine, and she said she was going to get us some water. Before she left, we said we had two basic questions about two menu items. She had no idea - so she said she would have to get someone to answer our questions - it as clear she was relatively new and in way over her head, not to her fault. 15 minutes later - got water; no opened wine; no response re: questions. In the interim, I noticed that the party of 4 that was in back of us with no reservation (different waitress/the only other one for the entire restaurant) had already been seated, gotten bread at their table, gotten their salad and that their waitress had been to their table a few times already. We finally made eye contact with our waitress and she came to our table, and we told her we were ready to order/forget the questions. At that point, she was literally in tears and having a meltdown at our table, and the 3 of us being mothers of several kids, we kicked into "mom mode" and spoke to her for a while to calm her down/this was not her fault. Two of us changed our minds and ordered just rather basic dishes so as not to complicate this. Orders arrived. My order was wrong - it was supposed to be the special pasta (with onions, mushrooms, etc.) and was just plain pasta with sauce and sausage - highlighting that she was just not properly or adequately trained on how to use the electronic ordering system (which was obvious, just observing her). The food - was really good. And I consider myself a tough critic re: Italian food since I am Italian on both sides. Okay - fast forward to the bill. It comes, and there is a $20 "corkage fee". At this point, a third waitress arrived and came to our table. She said yes, we have a liquor license so there is a corkage fee. I asked to talk to a manager. I assume the woman I spoke to was the wife part of the ownership - pointed out to her the waitress situation, which by the way, we had to talk her down from a meltdown. And that no one told us there was a corkage fee/nothing on the menu about that. She obviously could have cared less. Okay well just $10 then. Uhhh no. FIrst and last time (but like I said, they could care less given how busy this place is). Just a bad experience overall due to the waitress thing/management poor response.

Date of visit: July 2018
3  Thank edsatty
Reviewed June 22, 2018

We’ve been dining at Gaspares for 30 years and have never had a bad experience.
The place is very small, the staff very friendly, the portions very large and the food very delicious. They will prepare anything on the menu anyway you prefer. They have a full bar selection.
They do a big pizza take out business
This is a can’t miss place

Date of visit: June 2018
Gasp2112, Owner at Gaspare's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate this wonderful review.

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Decided to try new spot for dinner while staying in Ocean City. We found the right spot with Gaspari's. It's a small room but the food and service was delicious and welcoming. Nicole, our server, was great. She was informative and made sure we were enjoying ourselves. Our food was wonderful; it came out hot and we were both happy with our choices.My husband had Manicotti and I had the Michaelangelo, a mix of eggplant, artichokes and asparagus over linguini w/ red sauce. Mmmmm. Looking forward to our summer vacation so we can return. It's small so make reservations.

Date of visit: April 2018